Belvoir Demense is an historical neo-Gothic style country house with 24 acres of land (primarily natural woodland and some pasture lands) situated approximately 6 miles from Shannon airport between Sixmilebridge and Kilkishen.
The estate originates from the late 1600’s / early 1700’s as part of the Cromwellian settlements in Clare and became part of the Wilson Lynch estates of Renmore in Galway. While the property is an extensive project, within the courtyard are 8 private residences, all of which can be immediately refurbished, offering excellent potential to the prospective buyer.
The buildings / structures consist of:
• Main house: the original main house ( now a standing ruin ) – a substantial Tudor Gothic Style building – built in 1838 on the foundations of a much older house – suffered a major fire in 1888, and although is considered a ruin, the exterior walls still remains reasonably in tact.
• The chapel, known as The “Ladye Chapel”, a catholic church built in 1862 – the Wilson Lynch family converted to Catholicism some time prior to the famine years. The “Ladye Chapel” was built for the family’s private use and there is a carved inscription over the door:
• The Return; referred to as “the return” as it is a long narrow dwelling attached to the rear of the main house – and much older than the main house - and was renovated and used as the main dwelling after the 1888 fire by the family and was occupied until 2011. This dwelling is in tact but needs substantial renovation work.
• Several other buildings which were mainly dwellings and farm buildings surrounding a courtyard to the rear.
• Walled garden to rear of the return with 10ft high solid stone wall surround. At one point this was an orcha ...