DescriptionA rare opportunity for the discerning purchaser to acquire a magnificent two storey over garden level double fronted Victorian home which has been lovingly maintained by the same family for over 30 years. The house dates from approximately 1860 and boasts many original period features of the Victorian era including beautifully proportioned reception rooms with high ceilings, a fanlight over the front door, stucco work, an original black marble chimneypiece and working shutters. There is full planning permission (DLRCC Ref: D20A/0247) in place for a two bedroom mews designed by O?Dea & Moore Architects of approximately 127sqm, with an additional 35sqm of attic space and a garage for parking (see images showing detailed architectural plans for the mews). This affords potential purchasers? huge scope and a number of different options dependents on their own individual requirements.
To the front there is a pedestrian gate with steps leading down to lower garden level and railed granite steps leading up to hall level. Internally the accommodation generously extends to 298 sqm (3,208 sqft) and is laid out over three levels. Upon entering the house there is a welcoming reception hall with ceiling rose, off this there are two excellent reception rooms overlooking the front which face south east, the drawing room has an elegant black marble chimneypiece. To the rear of the hall there are two rooms currently in use as an office and bedroom; however, these would have originally formed part of the reception rooms and could very easily be re-instated which would create two large dual aspect reception rooms. Steps lead down from the rear of the hall and there is a shower room and separate W.C. and a bright kitchen/breakfast room with views out to the garden. On the first floor return there are two W.C. and a contemporary shower room and on the first floor itself there is a dressing room and four well-proportioned bedrooms, each with views out to the garden or Northumberland Avenue. At lower garden level there is a large utility/washroom, bathroom, separate W.C., a family room and two further bedrooms which completes the internal accommodation. There is separate access here out to street level and also at the rear out to a yard, new owners could potentially convert this level to a self-contained unit if required.
The back garden is a particular feature of the house as it is very private, well maintained with a patio, raised beds and mature fruit trees, it measures approximately 18m (60ft) in length and benefits from a north westerly aspect with good afternoon sun. At the end of the garden there is a large store and garage with access out onto a vehicular laneway (accessible from Mulgrave Street), where there is full planning permission (DLRCC Ref: D20A/0247) in place for a two bedroom mews designed by O?Dea & Moore Architects of approximately 127sqm, with an additional 35sqm of attic space.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being situated on this highly regarded avenue adjacent to the bustling throughfare of Dun Laoghaire which offers extensive shopping, restaurants, cafes, churches, the Pavilion Theatre, IMC Cinema, the iconic Lexicon Library by the seafront, the East and West Piers and the People?s Park. Walks abound for children and dog lovers by the sea, along the Metals (dating from 1815) to Killiney Hill and Dalkey along with the secret parks of Royal Terrace, Clarinda Square, and the playground at Cualanor and Honeypark. There are excellent primary and secondary schools nearby while the DART, main line trains and many buses serve the town. Recreational and leisure facilities abound including gyms, rugby, football, GAA, hockey and tennis, the four yacht clubs in the marina appealing to sailing enthusiasts while the Forty Foot and Sandycove Beach attract year round swimmers. Nearby villages: Monkstown, Sandycove and Glasthule offer further boutique shopping and restaurants.
- Lower Ground Level
- Entrance Lobby with a pedestrian gate and steps leading down from street level, glazed door opening in, space underneath the front steps of the house, gas fired central heating meter and glazed door opening into the
- Hallway (8.50m x 2.00m )with electricity fuse board, book shelving, single glazed timber framed casement window to the rear of the hall and door opening out to an enclosed yard accessible from garden level
- Bathroom with glazed door opening in, bath, wash hand basin, hot water tank, window above looking into the utility
- Utility/Washroom (4.50m x 3.70m )with quarry tiled floor, a range of floor units, Belfast sink, Vokera gas fired central heating boiler, window overlooking lower ground level and street above, plumbed for washing machine/dryer
- Separate W.C.
- Bedroom 6 (3.80m x 2.50m )with ceiling coving, corner sink, window overlooking rear yard and original timber framed single glazed sliding sash window
- Bedroom 7 (4.00m x 3.40m )with wall of sliderobes, sink with mirror and light over, single glazed timber framed window overlooking the rear yard
- Family Room (3.80m x 3.60m )with ceiling coving, PVC casement window overlooking the front and 1930�?s style tiled open fireplace
- Hall Level
- Reception Hall (7.30m x 1.90m )with fanlight over the front door, ceiling coving and centre rose
- Drawing Room (4.30m x 4.10m )with window overlooking the front with original shutters intact, picture rail, ceiling coving, centre ceiling rose and black marble original Victorian open fireplace with tiled hearth.
- Dining Room (4.50m x 4.00m )with window overlooking the front with shutters, picture rail, ceiling coving and central ceiling rose
- Office (4.20m x 3.00m )with window overlooking the rear garden with shutters intact, ceiling coving and centre ceiling rose
- Landing with steps down and up, window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 5 with partial ceiling coving, picture rail, large window overlooking the rear garden with shutters intact and corner sink with tiled splashback
- Guest W.C. with window overlooking the side
- Shower Room with fully tiled walls and timber panelled ceiling
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.80m x 3.00m )with glazed door opening in, timber effect floor, glazed door opening out to the garden, kitchen with large picture window overlooking the rear garden, a range of floor and wall units, stainless steel sink and drainer, free standing Zanussi oven, Bosch dishwasher and free standing American style fridge/freezer
- First Floor Return
- Landing (4.00m x 1.90m )wwith archway above, elevated fanlight window, hot press with ventilated shelving and timber framed window overlooking the side
- Separate W.C. with small window overlooking the side
- Shower Room contemporary with tiled floor, fully tiled wall, shower with chrome fittings and recessed lighting
- Separate W.C. at the back of the landing, carpeted with fully tiled walls, wash hand basin, w.c. and UPVC window overlooking the rear garden
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1 (4.00m x 3.50m )with ceiling coving, corner sink and PVC framed window overlooking the front with shutters
- Bedroom 2 (4.20m x 3.60m )with ceiling coving, corner sink and PVC framed window overlooking the front with shutters intact
- Dressing Room (2.40m x 2.00m )with PVC window overlooking the front with shutters intact and sink with a range of cupboards below
- Bedroom 3 (4.10m x 3.60m )with picture rail, ceiling coving, corner sink with mirrored vanity unit above and window overlooking the front with shutters
- Bedroom 4 (4.10m x 3.50m )with picture rail, ceiling coving, PVC window overlooking the rear with shutters intact and corner sink
- Garage (4.70m x 4.00m )block built with double doors opening out to the lane
- Purpose Built Store Shed (4.80m x 3.00m )with corrugated roofing
FeaturesA magnificent Victorian home dating from approximately 1860 with many period features
Generously proportioned light filled accommodation of approximately 298 sqm (3,208sq. ft)
Scope to convert the lower garden level to a self-contained unit
Rear garden of approximately 18m (60ft) long with a sunny north westerly aspect
Large garage to the end providing off street parking with vehicular access from Mulgrave Street
Fully planning permission in place for a contemporary two bedroom mews with parking designed by O?Dea & Moore Architects
Located in the heart of Dun Laoghaire
Minutes? walk to the East Pier, People?s Park and Lexicon Library
DART & 46A bus route on the doorstep
Fitted carpets, window coverings and appliances included in the sale