Ardglass House is a superbly renovated period property built c. 1860, together with guest cottage, courtyard and farm buildings on a variable acreage from approx. 7 ha (16 acres) to the entire approx. 30 ha (74 acres).
The spacious yet manageable Georgian house has undergone extensive, comprehensive and meticulous refurbishment paying close attention to the period features of the house. Under the supervision of a conservation architect, the current owners have replaced the entire plumbing and heating system adding a new high capacity solid fuel boiler, new water tanks and traditional cast iron radiators in all rooms. The insulation has been upgraded in the roof and there is the addition of under floor insulation. The roof has been restored using a Welsh blue slate and new double glazed wooden sash windows have been installed in every room. The entire property has been repainted using the Farrow and Ball heritage range that combines both traditional and modern shades and the flooring in all rooms has been stripped and stained to produce a beautiful dark finish.
Externally, the avenue approaching Ardglass House has been upgraded with new stone and planting on either side. The cottage in the courtyard has been entirely renovated to a very comfortable living standard The original granite and timber windows have been reinstated and the roof repaired in the style of the main house. The coach house and stable block have new timber doors and the lands have been refenced with the addition of new strong farm gates.
The extensive works carried out by the current owners have transformed a dated property to a very comfortable, modern family home in excellent condition.
The reception hal ...
Hambleden House, 19-26 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2,
Tel: 01 6333700
PSRA Licence No. 001223