DescriptionA beautifully presented recently upgraded family home situated in this highly regarded road adjacent to the Dodder Linear and Bushy Parks and enjoying an idyllic setting with views of the river. The generously appointed accommodation further benefits from an enviable south facing rear garden of 11m (36ft) in length. The property is approached by a pillared entrance with a fully motorised sliding electric gate opening onto a generous gravelled drive bordered by cut granite cobble paving with clever concealed bin and bike storage. Entering the property, it is immediately evident that this home is presented in turnkey condition with a welcoming reception hall with understairs storage opening into a living room overlooking the front with a marble fireplace and bespoke shelving and storage with LED illuminated shelving to either side. To the rear of the property is an open plan living/dining room with the dining area availing of solid fuel burning stove and double doors opening onto a raised deck. The kitchen leads to an inner hall off which is a utility area and wet room. This in turn leads to a TV room/playroom overlooking the front. Upstairs there are three well-proportioned bedrooms, the master bedroom with recently installed Skon wardrobes and a stunning bathroom completes the internal accommodation.
The garden to the rear is a particular feature with its raised deck ideal for entertaining and dining with steps and ramp leading to a lower lawned area bordered by mature hedging and all availing of the enviable sunny southerly aspect. The property also benefits from full planning permission to extend to the rear and into the attic with plans available on request.
The location of 72 Lower Dodder Road offers the ultimate in family living being situated in a tranquil yet highly convenient location just 5km from the city centre with the villages of Terenure, Rathfarnham and Rathgar just a stones? throw away. The property is surrounded by an abundance of amenities and facilities on the doorstep as well as a range of both primary and secondary schools to include St. Mary?s Boys National School, Loreto Primary School, Rathfarnham Educate Together, Rathfarnham Parish National School, Loreto Beaufort, Our Lady?s School, The High School, St. Mary?s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College to mention a few.
The area is also well served by a range of excellent bus routes and an abundance of local sporting facilities that includes golf at The Grange Golf Club, Castle Golf Club and Milltown Golf Club, Dartry Health Club, local running club at Rathfarnham Athletics Club, GAA clubs to include Ballinteer St Johns, soccer at Terenure Rangers FC and for the rugby fan St Marys Rugby Club and Terenure College Rugby Club. This superb suburb offers access to several parks at Rathfarnham Castle Park and Marley Park both of which offer children?s playgrounds and parklands, with the Dodder Linear Line being extremely popular for both walkers and joggers alike. The proposed Dodder Greenway with access being across the road will undoubtedly enhance the area greatly by providing a safe environment for cyclists, walking enthusiasts and joggers who wish to avoid traffic congestion to and from the city and within the immediate area. This 24km riverside route will connect Grand Canal Docks to the Bohernabreena reservoirs at Glenasmole in The Dublin Mountains.
- Reception Hall (5.00m x 2.10m )with digital controls for the electric gate, PhoneWatch alarm and door to understairs storage
- Living Room (3.90m x 3.50m )with picture window overlooking the front, beautiful marble fireplace with marble hearth and bespoke shelving and storage either side of the chimney breast with mirrored back and LED lighting
- Dining Room (4.10m x 3.90m )with solid fuel burning stove double folding doors with plantation shutters out to the rear garden
- Kitchen (4.00m x 2.60m )with a range of wall and floor units, tiled splashbacks, recently installed Logic Combi boiler with nest controls, plumbed for washing machine, single bowl sink with pull out spray tap, picture window overlooking the rear, space for fridge/freezer, integrated double Belling oven, four ring electric hob with extractor over, breakfast bar seating, pantry press and door to
- Inner Hall (5.00m x 1.10m )with utility area plumbed for washing machine & dryer, tiled floor, door to rear garden and door to
- Wet Room (2.80m x 2.00m )with fully tiled floor and walls, w.c., wash hand basin and shower with window to side
- Playroom/TV Room (4.30m x 2.30m )with window overlooking the front and door to enclosed fuse box
- Landing with recessed lighting, window to side with plantation shutters and Stira to attic
- Bedroom 1 (4.10m x 3.40m )with an excellent range of Scon fitted wardrobes and window overlooking rear
- Bedroom 2 (3.70m x 3.40m )with window overlooking the front and an excellent range of built in wardrobes
- Bedroom 3 (2.70m x 2.50m )with window overlooking the front
- Bathroom recently upgraded with tiled floor, partially tiled walls, oversized quadrant shower with monsoon head, sink set into storage unit below, bath with shower attachment, w.c., heated towel rail, dual windows looking rear, recessed lighting and illuminated mirror
FeaturesHighly regarded family orientated address
Enviable south facing rear garden of approximately 11m (36ft)
Recently modernised and upgraded to include new boiler, triple glazed windows and internal insulation
Well-presented walk into accommodation extending to approximately 118 sq.m. (1270sq.ft.)
Surrounded to a host of excellent primary and secondary schools
Gas fired central heating with nest control
Off street parking behind electric timber gate
Surrounded by an abundance of recreational and leisure facilities
Full planning permission to extend to rear and into attic