Description698 Lucan road, Chapelizod comprises a charming two bed cottage occupying an elevated position overlooking Chapelizod Village with views of the Phoenix Park. Located just 5km from O?Connell Bridge/City Centre these iconic houses, that absolutely ooze character, were built c.1906 and intended for farm labourers though were then allocated to distillery workers that worked in a distillery in the village. The cottage has a striking façade of cut stone, cut granite and brick with a slate roof. This house extends to 90sqm (968sqft) and has been extended to the rear and the attic space has been converted to provide additional storage space. The property has an extensive plot the runs from the Lucan Road in the heart of historic Chapelizod village back to the retaining wall of the Chapelizod bypass. The house has a south facing aspect to the rear with a rear yard, off street parking and a garden behind that. There is an opportunity to build a home office to the rear of the site. The current owner has extensively developed the rear yard to provide a home office, domestic store, and patio area. There is an additional space to the side of the house that can facilitate a further extension if desired. On entering this rustic style cottage there is an entrance hall with stairwell to first floor level, a parlour room to the front with beautiful, elevated views over Chapelizod Village and towards Phoenix Park. The main reception room has a beautiful bespoke fireplace with a granite and quarry tiled hearth brick and timber surround and exposed timber roof joists. A door brings you into an open plan kitchen/dining room, the kitchen has French doors opening to the side space and Velux windows bring wonderful natural light into this portion of the house. The kitchen has good storage and counter space and there is a utility room with a guest WC and WHB and airing cupboard. At first floor level there is a double bedroom to the rear and single bedroom to the front, a shower room and separate WC. There is an attic space which is floored, has Velux windows and offers great storage space. There is oil fired central heating. The house has been extensively and lovingly upgraded with great expertise. 698 Lucan Road, Chapelizod enjoys a quaint village setting being situated on the main street of Chapelizod village on the banks of the river Liffey just 6km�s from O�Connell Bridge. The village setting could not be more convenient with all required amenities virtually on your doorstep. Dublin?s oldest village, Chapelizod, is just a minutes? walk from the property, as is the Phoenix Park, Europe?s largest enclosed parkland with limitless opportunities for sporting and recreational amenities. The property enjoys excellent transport links and is within a fifteen-minute drive from Dublin city centre and the IFSC, and within a ten-minute drive of the M50 motorway.
- Entrance Hall: (2.35m x 1.55m )with high ceiling, stairwell to first floor level, tiled and timber floor.
- Parlour Room: (2.85m x 2.65m )with elevated views looking over Chapelizod Village.
- Living Room: (4.35m x 4.10m )with feature fireplace with granite hearth brick and timber surround and quarry tiling hearth, exposed roof beams and Velux window.
- Kitchen: (2.80m x 1.85m )with wall and floor mounted units, integrated hob, ceramic tiled floor.
- Dining Area: (3.00m x 2.85m )
- Downstairs Bathroom: (2.56m x 2.10m )with WC, WHB and utility.
- First Floor:
- Shower Room: (1.60m x 1.35m )with electric shower, WHB and Velux window.
- Bedroom 1: (3.00m x 1.75m )Single bedroom with views over Chapelizod Village.
- Bedroom 2: (3.40m x 3.15m )Double bedroom with high ceiling heights and storage to eaves.
- Separate WC: (1.20m x 1.20m )with WC, WHB and Velux window.
- Attic Room: (4.45m x 1.35m )Converted attic space with Velux windows.
- Boiler House: (1.70m x 1.60m )
- Under Step Storage: (2.10m x 1.00m )
- Service Shed/Home Office (3.90m x 1.50m )
FeaturesRustic cottage built 1906.
Enjoys elevated position looking over Chapelizod Village and towards the Phoenix Park.
Large garden and pedestrian access to front.
Vehicle access via rear laneway to rear.
Additional 3m to the side of the house.
Suitable for the provision of an extension.
Oil fired central heating.
Wood grain PVC windows.
Extensive Velux windows to roof.
Beautiful façade with cut stone granite and brick finish.
Single storey rear extension.
Patio area to rear.
Raised decking area to rear.
Floor area 90sqm (968 sqft)