DescriptionAn exceptional detached family home nestled within a quiet cul-de-sac of only 6 houses in the heart of Ardilea, the quiet enclave of uniquely designed houses situated in separate sylvan settings where each road is named after a prestigious university.
Built in the late 1960s and early 1970s, the houses in Ardilea were considered to be the finest new address in Dublin 14. Thought to be the ?jewel in the crown?, the site of number 4 Harvard was retained by the original developer for a family member who ultimately chose to relocate.
Constructed in 1973, 4 Harvard comes to the market now in need of modernisation but offering superb family accommodation and an abundance of space. The house features generously proportioned living accommodation throughout. The entrance hall is flooded with golden light from arched stained-glass windows and provides separate access to each of the interconnecting drawing-room, dining-room and kitchen/breakfast rooms, as well as a guest w.c . The kitchen leads out to a sun-filled conservatory with views over the garden which is home to many species of birds. Upstairs there are five spacious bedrooms, one en-suite, and a family bathroom. A particular feature of this home is the spacious site on which it sits, of approximately 0.25acres. There are beautiful private gardens to the rear, mainly laid in lawn, whose historic orchard, mature trees and patio provide a haven of peace. To the front there is a large driveway providing ample off-street parking and a double car port.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire and personalise a stunning residence with excellent accommodation and a soothing sense of privacy all within easy access of every conceivable amenity.
An outstanding property located in this much sought after address, in the heart of Ardilea, 4 Harvard is a short stroll from everything a family could require. It is positioned a few minutes walk from UCD?s Belfield campus and is within easy access of many much sought-after primary and secondary schools. Sporting facilities are in abundance, to include the playing fields, Sportscentre and swimming pool at UCD, Deerpark, Donnybrook and David Lloyd Gym. Access to the LUAS and M50 are excellent and the QBC is located at the end of Foster Avenue, making Dublin City Centre an effortless commute. Mount Merrion, Dundrum Town Centre, Ranelagh and Blackrock Villages are all within easy access.
- Entrance Hall (5.60m x 2.40m )Pillard portico entrance leading to the spacious hallway with understairs storage, cloaks housing alarm panel and guest w.c.
- Drawing Room (7.20m x 4.40m )Attractive reception room with dual aspect windows over the front and rear gardens . There is an open fire with feature stone inset and timber mantle. and sliding door to rear garden.
- Dining room (4.00m x 3.40m )Interconnecting drawing / dining room . Dining room has window to side and can be accessed via the drawing room and hall.
- Kitchen (5.70m x 3.40m )Fitted kitchen with range of units. Stainless steel sink unit. Door to conservatory.
- Conservatory (Overall) (7.20m x 1.80m )with doors out to rear gardena nd lovely views over lawn.
- Guest WC (2.35m x 1.25m )wc, whb, part tiled wall.
- First Floor
- Landing Area (7.15m x 2.50m )windows overlooking garden to front. Hotpress
- Main Bedroom (4.50m x 4.00m )Spacious double bedroom to the front of the house. Built in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom.
- En suite (3.65m x 2.00m )Bath, seperate shower, wc, whb. Part tiled wall
- Bedroom 2 (4.30m x 3.40m )Located over looking rear garden with access to attic and built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 (3.60m x 3.40m )To the rear with window overlooking rear garden. Built in wardrobes and vanity unit,
- Bedroom 4 (3.65m x 3.65m )Spacious room with built in wardrobes and dressing table.
- Bedroom 5 (3.70m x 3.00m )To the front of the property. Under eaves storage.
- Family Bathroom (3.20m x 2.45m )With bath, wc, whb.
- Outside A former orchard, 4 Harvard boasts magnificent gardens . Mainly laid in lawn and offering a high degree of privacy, the property benefits from day long sunshine and has dual side access. The site itself is c .25 of an acre and to the front there is a large drive way with ample parking and a car port. It is a most private settling located in the corner of this residential cul-de-sac.