DescriptionA wonderful opportunity to acquire an outstanding fine Georgian townhouse, four storey over basement with separate apartment accommodation and access at garden level in one of Dublin?s most authentic and historic addresses.
This superb family home has been lovingly maintained and cared for by the current owners. The property blends the wonderfully proportioned accommodation of the Georgian era with modern comforts. It has retained numerous notable period features, including magnificent ornate vaulted ceiling and cornice work and centre roses.
The tastefully presented residence is laid over four floors with a gracious family room at hall floor level, an elegant drawing room at first floor level with an excellent outlook onto both Fitzwilliam Street Upper and Lower Baggot Street, a master suite comprising the second floor, further bedrooms at the top of the house, kitchen and utility on the lower hall level and at garden level a one bedroom apartment.
There are few residential properties located in such a prime location, in one of Dublin Cities most renowned streets and only minutes walk from the city centre, with all of its services and amenities. A few minutes away is Grafton Street, National Concert Hall, Trinity College, Iveagh Gardens and Merrion Square with the National Museum of Ireland and Leinster House. The Grand Canal is a few minutes in the other direction, providing a tranquil area in the heart of the city with walking and cycling trails and a host of restaurants and cafes near by. Baggot Street and Haddington Road are both home to some of Dublin?s finest dining options, with shops, bars, and cafes all in abundance here. Grand Canal Dock is also within close proximity, as is the Aviva Stadium.
- Hall Level
- Hallway (5.00m x 1.95m )with Georgian vaulted ceiling, black and white marble floor and door to rear.
- Family Room (5.00m x 4.20m )Features white marble centre piece and hearth with cast iron inset. Centre rose and window overlooking front.
- First Floor
- Drawing Room (6.30m x 5.00m )Features two windows overlooking the front. Cast iron on the window boxes. Includes chimney piece with ornate marble carving, cast iron inset and marble hearth. Ceiling coving and pair of centre roses.
- Kitchen 1/Kitchenette (3.00m x 2.30m )with door which leads to the decked terrace.
- Terrace (4.65m x 3.40m )Decked terrace which leads off from the kitchenette. Features stainless steel and glass balustrade and has a westerly orientation.
- Second Floor
- Bedroom Suite 3 (6.00m x 5.20m )(Overall to incl. ensuite) Includes extensive range of fitted wardrobes and an ensuite shower room.
- Bathroom 2 Ensuite features large walk in shower, W.C., wall hung wash hand basin, part tiled floor with two windows overlooking the street.
- Bedroom 4 (2.95m x 2.30m )
- Bathroom 3 Includes W.C. and vanity wash hand basin.
- Third Floor
- Bedroom 1 (3.80m x 2.30m )Feature vaulted ceiling.
- Bedroom 2 (5.05m x 3.70m )Feature vaulted ceiling.
- Landing/Study (2.40m x 2.25m )Contains hot press and gas fired central heating.
- Bathroom 1 Features large step in, free standing shower, a roll top antique style bath, W.C., wash hand basin and tiled floors.
- Garden Level Return
- Bathroom 4/Utility Room (3.00m x 2.25m )Contains W.C., wash hand basin and plumbing for washing machine and dryer.
- Kitchen 2 (4.25m x 3.40m )Features marble effect work surfaces, range of floor presses, oven hob, extractor fan, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Has door leading to guest room, rear access.
- Garden Level
- Kitchen 3 (2.95m x 2.15m )Features a hob, sink, plumbing for washing machine.
- Bathroom 5 (4.35m x 3.20m )Features roll topped bath, large walk in shower, tiled floor, W.C., circular vanity wash hand basin on a granite topped stand.
- Bedroom 5 (2.95m x 2.00m )
- Sitting Room (4.75m x 4.00m )This room has its own hall door to the front. Features grey, marble chimney piece. The Fireplace has a polished granite hearth.
FeaturesFabulous period townhouse in this city centre location
Beautiful original period features
Floor area approximately 302 sqm (3,250 sqft)
Vaulted ceilings throughout
Prestigious address in the heart of Dublin 2
Elegant reception rooms including drawing room with double windows overlooking the front
Own-door access apartment at garden level
Well-proportioned rooms throughout
Gas fired central heating