Alwin House is the house that one can only call a dream house, for a variety of reasons. The first and foremost is it is a period house dating back to the 1840’s. It benefits from an extensive renovation/extension that was completed by the current owners in 1998. The house was re roofed, wired, insulated and plumbed throughout. It is an old house that has all new systems in place.
The property has an abundance of character. It is three storey end of terraced with off street parking. This is a major advantage and is a rare luxury when living in a town house. There is ample space for parking a large number of vehicles if one required.
The second advantage to this spacious town house is the large south facing rear garden, which is laid out and finished like a postcard image. The third advantage to Alwin House is it has six bedrooms of which three are ensuite.
The house operated as a Bed and Breakfast by the current owners for a few years. It is ideally situated just off the heart of Dungarvan Town Centre. The entrance door is a major WOW factor and sets the scene for this beautiful house, as it is a very wide solid door that is round headed and has beautiful glass side panels and a fan light overhead. The house is set back from the street with a front patio/garden area and a low wall with iron railings. It has a mature hedge around the entrance, giving it great privacy from the street. It has a large iron gate also.
Alwin house was owned by Andrew Carberry in 1840’s. Mr Carberry and his wife offered the house free of rent to the Sisters of Mercy when they became established in Dungarvan. The church was on the second floor (with the balcony). They stayed in South Tce until they moved to Church Street.
This h ...