The Corncrake is a beautifully appointed single story holiday home located on the ruggedly beautiful Malin Head on the tip of the Inishowen Peninsula in Co Donegal. Banbas Crown, Ireland's most northerly point is just over 5km away while local beaches are within easy walking distance.
The Wild Atlantic Way
The holiday home is located along the Wild Atlantic Way and enjoys panoramic views of the coastline. This dramatic coastline was chosen as a film location for the most recent Star Wars Film (The Last Jedi). Whales, dolphins and basking sharks are frequent visitors to the waters around Malin Head. The headland is also recognised as one of the best places in Ireland to view the Northern Lights.
A Tranquil Base to Explore Inishowen
Accommodation in the holiday home consists of 1 ensuite double bedroom , 2 twin bedrooms, a family bathroom and a separate wc with toilet and wash-hand basin. There is a large living-room/kitchen-diner with wood-burning stove and separate sitting room with open fire. It is a great base for a family holiday or a quiet retreat for a couple.
Kocal Attractions / Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula â€“ In addition to nearby Slievebawn there is a fine beach at Five Finger Strand near Malin Town and a superb blue flag beach at Culdaff. Indeed Culdaff beach is becoming increasingly popular as a surfing destination
* Observe Dolphins and Basking sharks along the Malin Head coastline
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club - 20 minutes drive from the holiday home. Ballyliifin is the venue for the 2018 Irish Open
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff. Fishing off the local pier in Slievebawn is also popular .
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads in the Malin Head area, particularily those that hug the coastline.
* Visit the Doagh Vi ...