DescriptionThe Blue Door is a cosy 3 bedroom holiday home located just over 1km from the centre of the coastal town of Moville on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. Moville is situated on the western shores of Lough Foyle and is an ideal base to explore the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula and the historic Walled City of Derry.
The holiday home has recently been fully painted and totally refurbished. It has a modern fitted kitchen with adjacent dining area and a cosy and comfortable living room. There are 3 bedrooms (1 ensuite) and a bathroom. There are gardens to the front and back - the latter measures 10 metres by 25 metres making it an ideal playground for children.
An Ideal Holiday Base for the Inishowen Peninsula
Moville lies on the shores of Lough Foyle, and features a beautiful green complete with bandstand, play areas and walking trails. The views over the Foyle towards Benevenagh Mountain are stunning. The town also lies along the route of Irelands Wild Atlantic Way and is just 30km from one of the main Signature Points on this route - Malin Head. The area around Moville has numerous beaches. Water sports, golf, fishing and walking are popular local activities making the town an excellent choice for a self-catering break. Moville is also just a short distance to the ferry at Greencastle providing easy access to the dramatic northern coastlines of Derry and Antrim
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Try kayaking at the Inish Adventures Centre based in Moville. This centre offers inland and sea level kayak training as well as tours by canoe and kayak
* Take a trip to some of the many beaches in the locality including the blue flag beach at Stroove . Other fine beaches can be found at Kinnegoe Bay, Culdaff and Five Finger Strand near Malin.
* Enjoys a stroll along the scenic coastal path between Moville and Greencastle.
* Play a round of golf at the scenic 18 hole Greencastle Golf Club – just 7km drive from the holiday home. The 9 hole course at Redcastle is 8km while the internationally renowned Ballylifffin Golf Club is 25km away.
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum and Planetarium in Greencastle. The state-of-the-art Planetarium gives the visitor the ability to see how mariners used to navigate with the stars, and also provide dazzling astronomy and light shows. Facilities include gift shop and tea room.
* Use the Greencastle to Magilligan Ferry to explore the northern coast of Northern Ireland. The Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle are just some of the top attractions in this area.
* Enjoy some award winning bar food in the locality including, Rosatto’s in Moville, Kealys Seafood Bar in Greencastle and McGrory’s in Culdaff.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff. The Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built fast charter boats from Bunagee Pier Culdaff (15km). These fully licenced vessels offer sea angling and sight seeing on Lough Foyle. Fishing is also popular off the pier in Moville
* Visit the Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wonderful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
* Other major attractions in the locality are Malin Head, the Gap of Mamore, Dunree Military Museum and the historic Walled City of Derry (25km)