DescriptionTeach Greasai is a beautiful 2 bedroom holiday home set in tranquil countryside just outside the village of Gortahork in North West Donegal. This charming holiday home can be a haven allowing you to read, paint, walk and relax in the shadow of the majestic Muckish mountain. Teach Greasai can also be an idyllic base to pursue numerous outdoor pursuits available in the locality - including golf, fishing, hill walking and water sports.
The holiday home has 2 spacious double bedrooms and a bathroom with a free-standing bath and separate shower. There is a bright living room with a large open fireplace and a selection of books, dvds and board games. The kitchen has a unique design and is very well equipped. The holiday home grounds have mature trees and shrubbery with the driveway and patio area featuring Muckish gravel and stone respectively.
North West Donegal
Gortahork itself is a peaceful little Gaeltact village overlooking the beautiful Killult Bay. This picturesque coastal resort is surrounded by wild rugged hills, glorious sandy beaches and off shore islands. It lies along the route of Irelands Wild Atlantic Way driving route.
Based at Teach Greasai you will not find it hard to find something to do - climb the mountains; take a boat trip to Tory Island, surf the waves at Magheroarty or golf at Falcarragh. Not only ideal for outdoor pursuits there is a charm and poetry about Gortahork and its surrounding area that will keep you coming back for more.
The majestic Glenveagh National Park is a 15 minute drive away from the holiday home. This beautiful park has 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs and is home to the largest red deer herd in Ireland and 23 pairs of golden eagles. There are guided tours of the Castle situated on the shores of Lough Veagh.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - at Magheroarty and Falcarragh
* Golf at Falcarragh, Gweedore and Dunfanaghy - all within a half hours drive of the holiday home
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Inishboffin Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Magheroarty Pier several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit the beautiful gardens and castle of Glenveagh National Park
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. Slí an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - passes through the locality