DescriptionA wonderful 3 bedroom holiday home located on an elevated site overlooking Dunfanaghy Golf Club. The rooms to the front enjoy superb views of Horn Head, Sheephaven Bay and the Rosguill Peninsula.
The area around the holiday home is renowned for uncrowded sandy beaches, mountain passes, scenic views and historical landmarks It also has a wide range of superb countryside, forest and coastal walks to choose from. The holiday home is a great base for walking, angling, scenic drives and golf.
Sky Lark View is a very comfortable 3 bedroom self catering holiday home, located on the outskirts of the beautiful sea side village of Dunfanaghy, County Donegal, Ireland.
Overlooking Dunfanaghy Golf Club
The holiday home is situated on an elevated site overlooking Dunfanaghy Golf Club. This golf course is set in superb natural links terrain with Horn Head and Sheephaven Bay and the Rosguil Peninsula providing a spectacular backdrop. The golf course plays its part in providing the holiday home with wonderful uninterrupted views of this magnificent backdrop.
During the summer months a pitch and putt operates in the sand dunes between the holiday home and the sea. Access to this pitch and putt provides a shortcut to the superb Killahoey beach which stretches from just outside Portnablagh right into the heart of Dunfanaghy village.
In addition to Killahoey there are four other superb beaches in this beautiful part of Donegal - Ards, Portnablagh, Tramore and Marble Hill.
The village of Dunfanaghy
The village of Dunfanaghy - and the nearby village of Port-na-Blagh - are popular tourist resorts with lively pubs and a good choice of restaurants - include the award winning Mill restaurant. There is something for everyone in this beautiful area, from horse-riding to golf, from browsing around the local art galleries to taking leisurely strolls along the magnificent beaches
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Horn Head drive
* Golf on Dunfanaghy Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course literally on your doorstep
* Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
* Browse the local Art Galleries and Craft Shops
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Killahoey, Marble Hill, Tramore, Ards
* Visit the Dunfanaghy Workhouse Exhibition
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Sheephaven Bay
* Go fishing on Sessiagh Lake or enjoy sea angling at Portnablagh
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
For a holiday experience where good food, great beaches and beautiful scenery are all close at hand, look no further than this homely holiday cottage on the outskirts of Dunfanaghy village.