DescriptionSea Gem Beach House is a modern beach house in close proximity to the beach, the house was fully renovated two years ago. The beach is a 4 minute walk. Murvagh Golf Club is a 5 minute drive.
The beach resort of Rossnowlagh is situated on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, looking onto Donegal Bay and surrounded by the Hills of Donegal. It is the ideal base to explore a wide range of outdoor activities, including walking, surfing, golfing and angling
Rossnowlagh Blue Flag Beach
Rossnowlagh is one of Ireland’s premier surfing spots. The surf here is perfect for beginners and the local surf school offers tuition and equipment rental. The expansive Blue Flag beach stretches for miles along the coast and is also popular with walkers, swimmers, kite and windsurfers. The seaside resort of Bundoran is close by, which also boasts excellent facilities, whilst Donegal Town and the fishing port of Killybegs are to the north. The nearby town of Ballyshannon has many shops, bars and restaurants. Creevy Pier is just 7km from Rossnowlagh and is very popular for fishing, swimming and scuba diving.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Surfing - Rossnowlagh has excellent surfing and the European Championships have been held here a number of times. Bundoran is also a top class surfing venue
* Golf - superb 18 hole links courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Bundoran
* Crafts – Britton and Daughters Gallery is located beside the Sandhouse Hotel. On display you will find a vast array of artwork by Barry Britton and his daughter Easkey. There are also beautiful craft shops in Ballyshannon and Donegal Town – the Donegal Craft Village is located in the latter
* Angling - An Duanai Mara Charter Boat is a fully licensed vessel based at Creevy Pier. It offers deep sea fishing, shark angling, and sightseeing trips on Donegal Bay
* Horse Riding - There are a number of Equestrian centres in the region including the Five Oaks Ranch in Ballyshannon and Donegal Equestrian in Bundoran.
* Cycling - South Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
* Beaches - In addition to Rossnowlagh there are fine beaches in Bundoran and Murvagh
* Leisure Centres - Ballyshannon Leisure Centre has 25m indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and fitness suite. Waterworld in Bundoran is one of Ireland's leading Indoor Aqua Adventure Playgrounds.
* History and Heritage - Visit the the Donegal Historical Society Museum located in the tranquil setting of Rossnowlaghs Franciscan Friary. Other historic sites in the locality include the ruins of Kilbarron Castle and Wardstown Castle. Donegal Castle and the ruins of Donegal Abbey are located in Donegal Town
* Day Trips - Within an hours drive of the holiday home there are numerous top class tourist attractions including Glenveagh National Park, The Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Marble Arch Caves in Fermanagh and Slieve League in South West Donegal - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.