Sandfield View is a cosy 3 bedroom holiday home located on the beautiful Dawros Peninsula in south West Donegal. The holiday home is located 4 km from the superb blue flag beach and the top class links golf course at nearby Narin. It is also just a 5km drive from both the Heritage Town of Ardara and the quaint harbour village of Pornoo.
The holiday home is very well equipped for an enjoyable and relaxing break for up to 6 people. It is ideally located for touring the North West of Ireland or for those interested in walking, cycling, angling, mountain climbing, water sports, bird watching, golfing or just lazing around enjoying the fresh, unpolluted air in Donegal. The holiday home was once a family home and is ideal for that summer or winter break.
Local Attractions and Activities
- Golf at Narin & Portnoo Golf Club or play pitch and putt at Sandfield
- Enjoy some of the beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - in addition to Naran Strand there is White Strand and Tramore Strand near Rosbeg
- Visit some of the many ancient monuments in the countryside around the holiday home including Lough Doon Ring Fort, Inishkeel Island, the Kilclooney Dolmen, and Ardara Fort at Hillhead.
- Enjoy some of the many well established festivals in the locality - the Harvest Fair and Fiddlers Weekend in Glenties and the Cup 'o Tae and Bluegrass Festivals in Ardara
- Explore the Sheskin More Nature Reserve
- Find numerous peaceful roads and country lanes to walk - the Dawros Peninsula is dotted with patchwork fields, small lakes and gentle rolling hills. There are also 2 Waymarked Ways in South West Donegal - The Bluestack Way and SlÃ Colmcille
- Fish on the River Owenea Fishery between Ardara and Glenties
- Take a trip on the Fintown Railway - the only working railway in County Donegal which runs along the shores of the stunning Lough Finn
- Visit the Ardara Heritage Centre - this centre has a exhibition on the history of Donegal tweed since the 19th Cent ...