DescriptionPebble Cottage overlooks the Wild Atlantic Way and has views of Lloyd's Tower at Malin Head on the Inishowen peninsula. The famous pebble beach with its semi-precious stones is just below the house. Enjoy the views from the large patio area and perhaps catch a glimpse of dolphins at play in the offshore waters. The cottage has 3 bedrooms to sleep 6 and is within easy driving distance of Ballyliffin Golf Club.
Pebble Cottage is a 3 bedroom holiday home in a sought after location. The sittingroon features a glass fronted Waterford stanley stove which heats Radiators etc.burns wood,turf,
Wild Atlantic Way
The cottage overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and Inishtrahull Island with its iconic Lighthouse. It is located between the quaint beach and harbour at Pormore and Banbas Crown at Malin Head - a Signature Point on the Wild Atlantic Way. Overlooking Portmor harbour is the Seaview Tavern which features a quaint traditional pub and a restaurant.
Nearby is Farrens Bar - the most northerly pub in Ireland. At Banbas Crown you can take in the wonderful coastal views here while enjoying a coffee from Caffe Banba - Irelands most northernly cafe. The quaint Curiosity Shop of Malin Head is just down the road from the cottage - it is well worth a browse.
The Great Outdoors
The coastline around the holiday cottage is truly dramatic with headlands , rocky outcrops, cliffs and sandy coves - ideal territory for a large variety of sea birds. It is prehabs unsurprising that this rugged coastal landscape was chosen as a location for a Star Wars film. Dolphins and Basking Sharks are regular visitors to the waters around Malin Head. Fishing, kayaking, rock climbing, diving, swimming, walking and bird watching are popular local activities. North Inishowen is also one of the best places in Ireland to see the Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula – In addition to the local beaches there is a fine beach at Five Finger Strand near Malin Town and a superb blue flag beach at Culdaff.
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads in the Malin Head area, particularily those that hug the coastline.
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club - 24 km from the holiday home.
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff.
* Visit the Doagh Visitor Centre. This centre provides a great variety of exhibitions telling the story of the Irish Famine. It is also a place where the local customs, traditions, folklore and history of the Inishowen Peninsula are preserved in a permanent way
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium