DescriptionNorah's View is a superbly located holiday home situated in the popular beach and golfing resort of Downings in North Donegal. From its hillside setting the holiday home enjoys panoramic views over Downings Bay and harbour. All the facilities in the village – hotels, restaurants, pubs and craft shops - are within easy walking distance .
Norah's View - Interior
Norah's View has 4 spacious and comfortable bedrooms – 3 of which are ensuite. There is an open plan design on the ground floor with a front facing conservatory taking full advantage of the beautiful coastal scenery outside.
The holiday home has mature landscaped grounds and a large paved patio area featuring wooden patio furniture.. A large garage on the premises is ideal for storing sailing equipment, golf clubs, bicycles, etc
Downings - A Wonderful Golf and Beach Resort
Downings itself is a vibrant seaside village with fine restaurants, friendly traditional pubs, craft & antique shops. It has an abundance of amenities for the visitor. Downings Beach is a mecca for water sports enthusiasts – swimmers, wind surfers and kite surfers. The fabulous Rosapenna Golf Resort is less than 2km from the holiday home.
This resort features two championship links courses which stretch along the length of the superb Tramore Strand. Downings also has a modern indoor leisure centre featuring a 20 meter swimming pool, kids pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, aerobics room & fully equipped gym and fitness studio.
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep – Downings, Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan, Melmore.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the neaby Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Mevagh Dive Centre is based in Carrigart
* Use the Harry Blaney Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island