DescriptionNo no bookings being taken at present.
A cosy, modern 3 bedroom holiday home located along the famous Atlantic Drive near Downings with superb views over the beach towards Mulroy Bay. Tra na Rossan beach is only a 5-10 minute walk from the holiday home and its approximately a 10 minute walk to Melmore beach and the renowned Singing Pub. A short drive brings you to Downings Beach, Tramore Strand, Rosapenna Golf Links and Pavillion and Downings village with all its tourist facilities
This is a super holiday location for all. The pine finish in the holiday home is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The large rear garden is very suitable for family play. The views from the sun room and living area are beautiful. The gallery feature upstairs can double up as a living/ play room by day and bedroom by night. The area is suitable for a fun kids bedding area. We can offer a WII console upon request should you want that extra entertainment facility.The holiday home can sleep 10 - lending itself to 2 families / grandparents sharing.
Downings and the Rosguill Peninsula
The nearby village of Downings is a very popular tourist resort and fishing port with lively pubs and night-life. It is situated on the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula. The natural landscape of this peninsula provides the basis for many of the activities that the visitor can enjoy. In addition to an abundance of golden sandy beaches there are many water based activities in the Downings area - including windsurfing, deep sea diving, sea angling and boat charters. There is also horse riding and hill walking. The Magherabeg Leisure Centre is located in Downings and features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym. Later in the year(2008) a new spa will open in the Rosapenna Hotel
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf at nearby Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – including the fabulous Tramore Strand
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay
* Take a trip around the spectacular Atlantic Drive and Lough Salt Drive
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
For a holiday experience where fine beaches, superb golf courses and beautiful scenery are all on your doorstep, look no further than this superb holiday home near Downings village.