DescriptionSituated Overlooking Lough Swilly
No. 3 Hannahs View; is a superb; holiday cottage located in the popular family seaside resort of Rathmullan in North West Donegal. The holiday home is finished to a very high standard with a strong emphasis on space and natural light in each area of the house. It is situated on an elevated site overlooking Lough Swilly - "The Lake of Shadows"
The Cottage (Now with WIFI)
The cottage can accommodate 6/7 people in both style and comfort. There is a spacious and beautifully decorated double bedroom on the first floor . Also on the first floor, is a cosy single room with an additional hide-a-bed. In addition there is an ensuite bedroom on the ground floor, with a set of bunks and a further double bed (sleeping 4 in total).
The holiday home itself is designed to take full advantage of its wonderful location - every room to the front of the house enjoys wonderful uninterrupted views of Lough Swilly. The cottage is also situated in a quiet cul de sac with a large garden to the front, side and back - making it a very safe play area for children.
A short 10 minute walk brings you into the centre of Rathmullan village. Rathmullan is now one of the most popular destinations in Donegal for family holidays. In addition to a safe sandy beach the village has fine restaurants and a selection of lively pubs. Horse riding can be enjoyed at the Golden Sands Equestrian Centre. There are also two modern charter boats based at the local marina - these are used for both sea angling and sightseeing on Lough Swilly. A new Childrens Playground has been added to the beach front and a Watersports / Sailing school now operates during the summer months.
Ideal Tour Base for North Donegal
The central location of Rathmullan in North Donegal makes it an ideal base to tour this beautiful part of Ireland. The spectacular landscapes of the Fanad, Rosguill and Inishowen Peninsulas, the unspoilt Donegal Highlands, the magnificent Glenveagh National Park and the ancient and historic walled City of Derry are all with an hours drive of the cottage.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy pony trekking at the Golden Sands Equestrian Centre
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club. This classic 18 hole links course is 20 minutes drive from the cottage
* Go sea angling on Lough Swilly
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Rathmullan, Kinnegar Strand, Portsalon
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
* Visit Letterkenny- County Donegals main town. This busy town has everything you would expect to find in a modern urban centre – cinemas, theatre, indoor play centres, swimming pool, town park, shopping centres and night clubs. Letterkenny is a 25-minute drive from the holiday home.
So for a holiday experience where good food, superb beaches and wonderful scenery are all on your doorstep, look no further than this first-rate holiday home in beautiful Rathmullan