DescriptionLafferty Holiday Homes is a development of six detached purpose built holiday cottages located in peaceful location on the outskirts of Portnablagh village. The holiday homes are available to rent all the year round and provide an ideal touring base to experience the beautiful North-West of Ireland.
Each holiday home has 3 double bedrooms to accommodate 6 people. The cottages are adjacent to each other - making them an ideal accommodation option for groups of up to 24.
The village of Portnablagh is located on the shores of Sheephaven Bay and is surrounded by dramatic coastal and mountain scenery. Two superb beaches are in the immediate locality. The beautiful Killahoey Beach in nearby Dunfanaghy is a three mile stretch of golden sand providing safe bathing.
The equally wonderfully Marble Hill Strand is only 1 km away. Overlooking this sheltered beach is the superb new Shandon Hotel Spa and Wellness Centre. This modern Spa has a hydrotherapy floor and 8 treatment rooms.
Just north of Portnablagh lies Horn Head with its striking cliffs scenery and a wide variety of bird life. Perhaps the most dramatic of Donegal's Peninsulas, Horn Head provides stunning scenic drives and numerous scenic walks.
The village of Portnablagh - and the nearby village of Dunfanaghy - are popular tourist resorts with lively pubs and a good choice of restaurants. There is something for everyone in this beautiful area, from horse-riding to golf, from browsing around the local art galleries to taking leisurely strolls along the magnificent beaches
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Horn Head drive
* Golf on nearby Dunfanaghy Golf Club.
* Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Killahoey, Marble Hill, Tramore, Ards
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Sheephaven Bay
* Go fishing on Sessiagh Lake, Purt Lake or New Lake - or enjoy sea angling at Portnablagh
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
Lafferty Holiday Homes provides good value accommodation in a peaceful setting near the shores of Sheephaven Bay. Its location near the charming villages of Portnablagh and Dunfanaghy will enable the visitor to enjoy this beautiful part of Donegal