Located on the Wild Atlantic Way, John Ons is a recently renovated traditional cottage with white washed walls, slated roof and sliding sash windows. This quaint 2 bedroom holiday home has an idyllic coastal setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean - the cottage is within Malin Head, 2/3 km from Bamba's Crown. It is an ideal base for holidaymakers interested in walking, fishing, bird watching and photography
There are several beaches and small harbours a short distance from the front door. Bamba's Crown, Irelands Most Northerly Point, is just over 3km away. This is one of the designated Signature Points along the Wild Atlantic Way. Although set in a tranquil rural location the holiday cottage has a number of amenties close at hand including 2 pubs, a shop, post office and a restaurant that serves great food.
A Quaint Cottage in and Idyllic Coastal Setting
John Ons is an old traditional dwelling that has been totally refurbished to provide comfortable self catering accommodation. The main room is open plan with kitchen, living and dining areas. The comfortably furnished living area enjoys uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean . There are two bright bedrooms - one double and one double + single. There is a large walk-in shower with heated towel radiator. The cottage has an elevated site with panoramic views of the north Inishowen coastline.
Local Attraction and Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula â€“ In addition to the local beaches there is a fine beach at Five Finger Strand near Malin Town and a superb blue flag beach at Culdaff.
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads in the Malin Head area, particularily those that hug the coastline.
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club - 23 km from the holiday home.
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff.
* Visi ...