DescriptionIslands View Cottage is a modern 4 bedroom holiday home that can accommodated up to 12 people. The holiday home enjoys views towards the Gweedore coastline at Derrybeg - a coastline that is dotted with beaches and small off shore islands. The wonderful Port Arthur Blue Flag beach is just 1km from the front door
The holiday home has a bright open plan ground floor with kitchen, living and dining areas. There is a sunroom to the side of the house and a separate utility. There are 3 spacious bedrooms (one ensuite) as well as a kids bedroom with bunk beds complete with tv and dvd player. There are also 2 bathrooms.
A Coastline Dotted with Beaches, Harbours and Off-Shore Islands
The holiday home is an ideal base for water sports enthusiasts. In addition to Port Arthur there are numerous secluded sandy beaches and small piers along the coastline. Swimming, kayaking, sailing, pier and rock fishing are all popular local activities. The extensive sands of Port Arthur are ideal for a bracing walk and there is also a Waymarked Way walking route that passes along the coastline. Charters boats are available for deep sea fishing
The scenic 9 hole Gwedore Golf Club is a short drive from the holiday home.. Also based in Derrybeg is Selkie Sailing who offer sailing and watersports activities. The entire Derrybeg/ Bunbeg area is well served by pubs and restaurants with many hosting traditional music evenings.
Local Actiovities and Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course.
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Relax in the An Chuirt Hotel Leisure Centre
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Fish for salmon on the Clady river
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. Slí an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - passes close by the holiday home.