Iniscuil House is a 4 bedroom holiday home situated in the heart of Bunbeg village in the Gweedore Gaeltacht. With views of the majestic Mount Errigal to the front and Magherclogher Beach to the rear, this lovely self catering accommodation is an ideal base to explore the rugged beauty of West Donegal.
A Coastline Dotted with Beaches, Harbours and Islands
The holiday home is just a 5 minute walk to the fabulous Magherclogher strand â€“ a beautiful sheltered beach famed for its iconic boat scene. Magherclogher is just one of many fine beaches along the coast between Bunbeg and neighbouring Derrybeg. This coastline also features a number of small harbours. The main harbour is in Bunbeg itself and here you can catch ferry boats to some of the Gaeltacht islands including Gola and Tory. The rugged landscape that surrounds the holiday home is ideal terrain for the keen walker or cyclist while the very scenic Gweedore Golf Club is a 5 minute drive away.
The holiday home is located in the heart of the Gweedore Gaeltacht. Along with the Irish language a healthy traditional Irish music scene has survived in Bunbeg and the wider Gweedore area. During the summer months there are music sessions in the local pubs in both Bunbeg and Derrybeg. Leo's Tavern in Meenaleck (7km) is the home of the world famous Clannad and Enya and holds regular music sessions throughout the year.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club â€“ a challenging 9 hole course.
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Relax in the Cuirt hotel which features a leisure centre and an indoor activity centre for children
* Take a day trip to Tory Island , Inishbofin or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheraroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Mu ...