Hughie Ã’gs is a traditional holiday home located in the heart of Downings just yards from the beach and a minutes walk from all the local bars. This house is ideally placed as a base for holidaying in this popular seaside village. All the amenities of the village, shops, pubs, hotels etc are literally on your door front and the championship Rosapenna Golf Club is only a short walk away. The interior of the house is traditionally and comfortably furnished.
The village of Downings is a very popular tourist resort and fishing port with lively pubs and night-life. It is situated on the beautiful Rosguil Peninsula. The natural landscape of this peninsula provides the basis for many of the activities that the visitor can enjoy. In addition to an abundance of golden sandy beaches there are many water based activities in the Downings area - including windsurfing, deep sea diving, sea angling and boat charters. There is also horse riding and hill walking. The Magherabeg Leisure Centre is located in Downings and features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf at nearby Rosapenna Golf Club â€“ featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep â€“ including the fabulous Tramore Strand, Melmore and Tra na Rossan
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Try fishing on Glen Lough or sea angling on Sheephaven Bay ( Charter Boat based at Downings Harbour)
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Meevagh Dive Centre is based in C ...