This modern 5 bedroom holiday cottage in Annagry is situated amidst the quiet and scenic West Donegal landscape. It is located in the Rannafast Gaeltacht area just outside the village of Annagry and is less than 5 minutes' drive from the fabulous Blue Flag beach at Carrickfinn. Leo's Tavern, the home of world renowned Clannad and Enya, is in nearby Meenaleck.
The holiday home is ideally situated for visitors who want to enjoy traditional Irish music and language, explore the Donegal hills and mountains, visit the local islands in West Donegal, or just relax in a lovely tranquil setting.
The holiday cottage is situated in a part of West Donegal known as the Rosses. The area is bounded in the south by the Gweebarra River and by the Gweedore River to the north. The eastern boundary is defined by the Derryveagh Mountains, where Glenveagh National Park and Mount Errigal are located. The western boundary is the Atlantic Ocean.
The landscape of the Rosses is rugged and is studded with a myriad of lakes and inlets of the sea. The coastal roads around the Rosses are now part of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way. The region includes the towns and townlands of Dungloe, Kincasslagh, Doochary, Lettermacaward, Rannafast and Annagry, and the inhabited island of Arranmore Island.
Other small islands are Inisfree, Iniscaoragh and Owey Island. Cruit Island is linked to the rest of the region by bridge and it boasts a very scenic nine-hole golf course. The Irish Language has survived in the Rosses - along with a healthy traditional Irish Music scene. The holiday cottage itself is close to Coláiste Bhríde in the Rannafast Gaeltacht.
The visitor can sample the delights of local fishing in many surrounding lakes and rivers. The holiday home is central to both Bunbeg and Burtonport harbours where several charter boats and ferries operate. These can be used for sea angling, sight seeing or visiting the local islands including Gola and Aranmore.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf on Cruit Island Golf Club, a challenging 9 hole course. Gweedore Golf Club is another scenic 9 hole course.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - including the fabulous Carrickfinn Blue Flag Beach, Magheraclogher Strand in Bunbeg and Mullaghderg Beach.
* Try sea, river or lake kayaking at Rapid Kayaking based in Annagry.
* Visit the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Try some of the local award winning restaurants - Danny Minnies in Annagry or the Lobster Pot in Burtonport.
* Relax in the Leisure Centre of An Chúirt Hotel.
* Take a day trip to Aranmore, Tory Island or Gola Island.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own.
* Fish on the Clady river and at nearby Loughanure.
A céad míle fáilte awaits you in this wonderful holiday home in the heart of West Donegal.