Grannys Cottage is a traditional 1 bedroom Irish thatched cottage centrally located in Malin Head. It is located just 5km from Banbas Crown â€“ Ireland's most northerly point and also a Signature Point on the Wild Atlantic Way. The cottage is also less than 2km from the quaint harbour and beach at Portmor. Irelands most northerly pub â€“ Farrens â€“ overlooks the coastline at this point. Also nearby is the Seaview Tavern which serves bar food
Located along the Wild Atlantic Way
The coastline around the holiday home is dotted with hidden coves, rocky headlands and outcrops which are home to a large variety of seabirds. The narrow winding coastal roads and inland mountain tracks also provide ideal walking terrain for the keen rambler. Malin Head has managed to retain a good number of traditional thatched cottages which adds to the attractiveness of the landscape.
Local Attractions/ Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula â€“ In addition to nearby Slievebawn there is a fine beach at Five Finger Strand near Malin Town and a superb blue flag beach at Culdaff. Indeed Culdaff beach is becoming increasingly popular as a surfing destination
* Observe Dolphins and Basking sharks along the Malin Head coastline
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff. Fishing off the local pier in Slievebawn is also popular .
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club - 20 minutes drive from the holiday home.
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country ro ...