Golf View is a 4 bedroom holiday home with a superb location along the route of the Atlantic Drive on the beautiful Rosguill Peninsula in North Donegal. From its elevated site the holiday home enjoys sweeping panoramic views over this northern landscape. To the front there are stunning views over Rosapenna and Downings towards Sheephaven Bay and the majestic Muckish Mountain. To the back there are views over Mulroy Bay towards the rugged Fanad Peninsula.
Form the holiday home it is just a 10 minute walk down to Downings village and beach. This vibrant seaside village on the shores of Sheephaven Bay has a number of hotels, coffee shops, friendly traditional pubs, craft and antique shops and a leisure centre with swimming pool.
The beach at Downings is a lovely 2km beach that stretches from the village harbour to the rocky headland at Rosapenna. It is a popular beach for swimmers, walkers, kite fliers, wind surfers and boating. At the other end of the Rosapenna headland is the fabulous Tramore Strand which stretches for over 6km along the shores of Sheephaven Bay. If you prefer your beaches a little quieter then there are numerous beaches dotted along the length of the Atlantic Drive
Rosapenna Golf Club
Literally across the road from the holiday home is the Rosapenna Golf Club – the club house itself is 1km away. Stretching along the length of Tramore Strand this golf club features two superb natural links courses – Sandy Hills and the Old Tom Morris Course. Both courses are highly ranked in Golf Digests Top 100 courses in Ireland - Sandy Hills at No 21 and the old Tom Morris at no 33. The top class Portsalon links course is just 18km away via the Mulroy Bridge and Dunfanaghy Golf Club is a similar distance to the west.
The Rosguill Peninsula itself is a beautiful peninsula extending north from Carrigart and Downings and ending in the dramatic Melmore Head. The small roads around the peninsula offer magnificent sea and mountain views and provide ideal walking and cycling terrain.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep – Downings, Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan, Melmore.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Meevagh Dive Centre is based in Carrigart
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island