Glebe House is a 3 bedroom holiday home located along the Atlantic Drive on the ruggedly beautiful Rosguill Peninsula in North Donegal. The holiday home enjoys lovely views over Mulroy Bay towards the hills of the Fanad Peninsula. From the front door it is just 4km to the centre of the popular beach and golf resort of Downings on the shores of Sheephaven Bay.
This neat and cosy holiday home has 3 bedrooms to sleep up to 7 people. It has a well equipped kitchen and a living room with open fireplace. There is ample parking around the property.
The Rosguill Peninsula
The coastline of the Rosguill Peninsula that surrounds the holiday home is dotted with lovely sandy beaches, coves and rocky headlands. The narrow winding roads on the peninsula are ideal walking and cycling terrain. The "local pub" is the Singing Pub - renowned for its food and music sessions. The Atlantic Drive around Rosguill is now part of the Wild Atlantic Way - Irelands long distance driving route.
Nearby Downings is a vibrant seaside resort with a Blue Flag Beach and a superb golf complex at Rosapenna. Downings is well served with pubs, hotels, and cafe/craft shops. It has an indoor leisure centre with swimming pool. The Rosapenna Golf Resort has 2 championship links courses, a driving range and a pitch and putt. Downings beach and Tramore Strand are popular with all types of watersports.
Local Attractions/ Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep – Tra na Rossan, Melmore ,Downings, Tramore Strand,.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Mevagh Dive Centre is based in nearby Carrigart
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs.
* Enjoy the atmosphere in some of the pubs in the locality - including Singing Pub on the Atlantic Drive, the Harbour Bar in Downings, and the Olde Glen Bar in Glen Village.
* Use the Mulroy Bridge to explore the scenic Fanad Peninsula
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.