Gleann Aibhinn is a modern 4 bedroom holiday home located in the town of Buncrana in Norh East Donegal. Buncrana lies on the shores of Lough Swilly along Irelands Wild Atlantic Way driving route.
Buncrana itself is the largest town on the Inishowen Peninsula and the second largest town in Donegal. Often called â€œThe Gateway to Inishowenâ€, Buncrana is a popular tourist resort with several fine sandy beaches along its immediate coastline. It also boasts a range of amenities including swimming pool, cinema complex, shore front playgrounds, golf course, and numerous shops, pubs and cafes.
The Beautiful Inishowen Peninsula
Buncrana is a great central base to explore the beautiful landscape, the rich cultural heritage and the wide range of attractions that Inishowen has to offer. Ireland's most northerly point, Malin Head, the milirary museum at Dunree, the ancient ring fort An Grianan of Aileach, the Famine Village on Doagh Isle and nearby Derry city are all well worth a visit.
Buncrana's Irish name means foot of the Crana (river). Residents and visitors alike enjoy the gentle walk alongside the River Crana under the beech, maple and lime trees of Swan Park.From Castle Bridge, which spans the Crana River, a pathway bears left past Buncrana Castle and leads to a coastal path which runs for several kilometres along the shores of Lough Swilly.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree (9km)
* Enjoy some of the many fine sandy beaches in and around Buncrana including Porthaw, Stragill and Lisfannon
* Visit the historic walled City of Derry (18km)
* Golf at the North West Golf Club at nearby Lisfannon (7km). The internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club is just 19km away.
* Visit the newly renovated Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wondeful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
* Take a trip around the famous Inishowen 100. This is one of Ireland's most scenic drives. The route includes dramatic coastal scenery plus a fine collection of ...