Farm Cottage is a 3 bedroom holiday home on an elevated site above the quaint coastal resort of Portnablagh in north Donegal. The cottage is also centrally located between the popular beach and golf resort of Dunfanaghy and the wonderful Marble Hill Strand.
The holiday cottage enjoys lovely views over Sheephaven Bay towards the dramatic Horn Head Peninsula and to Killahoey Blue Flag Beach and Dunfanaghy village
From the front door it is 1km to Portnablagh and 1.5km to the beach and harbour. Portnablagh is a popular boating, sailing and sea angling venue and has the popular Cove Restaurant and the Buttermilk Art Cafe as well as the Green Door Art Gallery.
The Beach and Golf REsort of Dunfanaghy
Nearby Dunfanaghy has a scenic 18 hole golf links course as well as a Blue Flag Beach. This vibrant family seaside resort is well served with shops, cafes, pubs, craft shops, art galleries and watersports centres. There is also a riding stables attached to Arnolds Hotel.
Marble Hill Strand
Marble Hill Strand is 2.5km from the holiday cottage. This wonderful beach is a very popular water sports destination. Above the beach is the Shandon Hotel which features modern spa treatment rooms.
Local Attractions / Amenities
- Take a trip around the spectacular Horn Head drive
- Golf on Dunfanaghy Golf Club.
- Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
- Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep â€“ Killahoey, Marble Hill, Tramore, Ards
- Take a day trip to Tory Island
- Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
- Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
- Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Sheephaven Bay
- Go fishing on Sessiagh Lake, ...