Weekly Rental from €460 (low season) - €700 (high season)
Fahan Cottage is a charming cottage built 30 years ago located in the picturesque village of Fahan a short 5 minute drive from Buncrana. It has direct access via a pathway to Lisfannon blue flag beach. There are lovely views over Lough Swilly and Inch Island from the house and the location is ideal for those wishing to tour the Inishowen Peninsula or to visit the many attractions of the historic Walled City of Derry.
The cottage is close to the North West Golf Club at Lisfannon where a round of golf including a meal can be had for just 20 euro. It is only a 5 minute drive from Inishowens largest town, Buncrana.
The village of Fahan has two very good restaurants - The Railway Tavern & Firebox Grill and The Red Door - both a 5 minute walk away. The village has a large marina which is home to numerous yachts and the base for the Lough Swilly Yacht Club
Fahan Cottage is an ideal base to explore the Inishowen and Fanad peninsulas as well as the historic walled city of Derry. Buncrana,the largest town on the Inishowen peninsula has a leisure centre, beach and numerous supermarkets (Aldi etc) and the usual mix of family shops and friendly traditional pubs. If this is not enough Derry city 15 minutes away has all the facilities of a modern yet historic city.
There are many golf courses in the area including the famous Nick Faldo designed Ballyliffin Golf Course.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Visit the ancient walled City of Derry on the banks of the Foyle
* Try a sailing course at the Lough Swilly Yacht Club (summer months)
* Enjoy bird watching at the nearby Inch Wild Fowl Reserve
* Take a day trip to the majestic Glenveagh National Park (58km) in the Donegal Highlands
* Explore the northern coast of Northern Ireland. The Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle are just some of the top attractions in this area.
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree (18km)
* Enjoy some of the many fine sandy beaches in and ar ...