Wildrose Cottage is a spacious and tastefully decorated, fully equipped house. It has an enclosed back garden with ample car parking to the front. From this property there are views of the sea from the back and country views to the front.
The house is a new built, consisting of three bedrooms and bathroom on the first floor with living room, kitchen/dining and downstairs toilet on ground floor.
Dunfanaghy village is situated on the shores of Sheephaven Bay. Across the bay from Dunfanaghy is the spectacular Horn Head, which shelters Dunfanaghy from the Atlantic Ocean and has been designated as an Irish Natural Heritage Area and a Refuge for Fauna (specifically sea birds). New Lake near Dunfanaghy was formerly a salt water marsh but alterations to local sand dunes meant the marsh filled with fresh water and became a lake. Over time New Lake became a haven for seabirds and is now a Special Protection Area
Dunfanaghy now has a well established Festival programme which runs throughout the year and includes a Seafood Festival, a Jazz and Blues Festival and a Halloween Madness Festival.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Horn Head drive
* Golf at Dunfanaghy Golf Club â€“ a classic 18 hole links course
* Go horse riding from the Dunfanaghy Riding Stables at Arnolds Hotel
* Visit the enchanting Ards Forest Park
* Browse the local Art Galleries and Craft Shops
* Dine at the award winning Mill Restaurant
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep â€“ Killahoey, Tramore, Marble Hill, Ards
* Visit the Dunfanaghy Workhouse Exhibition
* Climb Muckish Mountain
* Visit Glenveagh National Park,
* Go fishing on Sessiagh Lake or enjoy sea angling at Portnablagh