DescriptionDun a Dalaigh is a 3 bedroom holiday home located in the heart of the Gaeltacht village of Annagry along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way in West Donegal. The holiday home is just 3.5km from both Donegal Airport and the fabulous Blue Flag Carrickfinn Beach.
Dún a Dálaigh is a true home away from home with 3 comfortable double bedrooms. There is a well equipped kitchen, a separate dining room and a living room with wood burning stove. There are lovely mature gardens to the front and back with sea views from the back garden.
The holiday home is right in the centre of Annagry with most of the village’s amenities within easy walking distance including shops, garage, pubs, the Caisleann Orr Hotel and the renowned Dannie Minnies Restaurant. The waters edge is 200 metres from the front door.
In addition to Carrickfinn beach there are numerous other fine beaches in the locality. These include the stunning Boat Strand Beach on the Carrickfinn Peninsula, the wonderful Mullaghderg Beach located between Annagry and Kincasslagh and 8 sandy beaches on nearby Cruit Island.
The holiday home is an ideal base to explore The Rosses area of West Donegal. This is the historic and ruggedly beautiful area of the Donegal Gaeltacht between the estuaries of Gweebarra to the south and Gweedore to the north, including the islands of Rutland, Inisfree and Árainn Mhór to the west and inland as far as Doochary to the east.
Whatever sort of holiday you are after, the Rosses area has it all : landscapes, seascapes, heritage, culture, beaches, island-hoping, outdoor activities of all sorts in spectacular scenery.
There are a number of worthwhile day trips that can be enjoyed from the holiday home. These include Aranmore Island, the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre, the Fintown Railway, the magnificent Glenveagh National Park and Letterkenny - Donegals main shopping town that also has a multi-screen cinema, theatre, county library and museum and the modern Aura leisure centre.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf on Cruit Island Golf Club, a challenging 9 hole course. Gweedore Golf Club is another scenic 9 hole course.
* Fish on the Clady river and at nearby Loughanure.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - including the fabulous Carrickfinn Blue Flag Beach, Magheraclogher Strand in Bunbeg and Mullaghderg Beach.
* Try sea, river or lake kayaking at Rapid Kayaking based in Annagry.
* Go Rock Climbing on Cruit Island with Unique Ascent
* Visit the Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Try some of the local award winning restaurants - Danny Minnies in Annagry or the Lobster Pot in Burtonport.
* Relax in the Leisure Centre of An Chúirt Hotel.
* Take a day trip to Aranmore, Tory Island or Gola Island.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal.