DescriptionCuckoo's Nest is a cosy 2 bedroom holiday letting located in Derrybeg in the Gweedore Gaeltacht. Derrybeg is situated on County Donegal’s ruggedly beautiful north west coast. This coastline is dotted with rocky headlands, small sandy coves, several islands and a number of superb beaches including Port Arthur Beach in Derrybeg itself and Magheraclogher Strand in nearby Bunbeg
The coastline also features a number of quaint harbours. At Bunbeg harbour there are regular ferry services to Gola and Tory islands. The scenic 9 hole Gwedore Golf Club is located in Derrybeg. Also based in Derrybeg is Selkie Sailing who offer sailing and watersports activities.The entire Derrybeg/ Bunbeg area is well served by pubs and restaurants with many hosting traditional music evenings.
Slí an Earagail - part of Bealach na Gaeltachta (The Gaeltacht Way) - passes through the locality. This is long distance walking route (approx 60kms) developed to the standard of a National Waymarked Way and encompasses mountain, riverside, seaside and forest habitats. Most sections of Slí an Earagail are on track and minor roads.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep
* Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course.
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Gola Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Bunbeg and Magheraroarty several times a day - weather permitting
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. Slí an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - passes close by the holiday home.