Croghan House is a beautiful modern holiday home situated close to the shores of Mulroy Bay, in an idyillic country setting just outside the tiny village of Tamney on the Fanad Peninsula in North Donegal. The holiday home enjoys breathtaking views over the bay towards the mountains beyond - including Lough Salt Mountain and Muckish Mountain.
Spacious Holiday Home
The holiday home is furnished to a very high standard throughout with the aim of making the holiday experience as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. With 4 spacious bedrooms the accommodation is ideal for an extended family or two families sharing. It is also perfect for a group of golfers, hill walkers or fishermen who prefer a more relaxing getaway. There are two spacious bedrooms on the ground floor (one ensuite, and the other have access to the main bathroom), and two further spacious bedrooms upstairs (both ensuite).
Mulroy Drive/ Wild Atlantic Way
The holiday home is located along the scenic Mulroy Drive - the first official loop route of the Wild Atlantic Way. The iconic Fanad Head Lighthouse is a Signature point on the Wild Alantic Way and is located just 11km from the holiday home. The lighthouse and grounds are now open to the public during the holiday season.
The Meadows Trout Fishery is located in nearby Rosnakill. This two acre stream-fed fishery opened a few years ago and now offers the opportunity for anglers to enjoy some first rate, and perhaps unique, fishing for rainbow trout within sight of the sea. Fishing is also available at Kindrum lake 4 km away (permits required)
The Beach and Golf Resort of Portsalon
The seaside village of Portsalon is just over 5 km from the holiday home This charming resort has a fabulous blue flag beach and a top class golf course. At the village harbour there is a water sports centre where kayaks, pedal boats, wetsuits and boogie boards can be hired. Further north along the peninsula from the holiday home there are a number of secluded beaches including Sessiagh and Ballyhoorisky.
The beautiful Ballyhiernan Bay is on the northern coast of the Fanad Peninsula. A beautiful unspoilt sandy beach skirts this bay. This beach is the location of the Adventure One Surf School - the leading ISA (Irish Surfing Association) approved school on the north coast of Donegal.
The cottage is 15 minutes from the new Mulroy Bridge. This bridge link the Fanad and Rosguill Peninsulas and will make it much easier for visitors to the holiday home to access attractions such as Rosapenna Golf Club, the Atlantic Drive, Ards Forest Park and the spectacular Horn Head Peninsula.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality – Portsalon, Sessiagh, Ballywhoriskey.
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course.
* Enjoy the sports and games facilities available at the Rockhill Caravan and Activity Park in Kerrykeel
* Go fly fishing at the Meadows fishery in nearby Rosnakill
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road.
* Try surfing at the Adventure One Surf School in Ballyheirnan Bay
* Go deep sea fishing or sight-seeing on Lough Swilly - there are charter boats at Portsalon and Rathmullan
* Climb Muckish and Errigal.
* Try out the new Children's playground in Tamney - 2km from the holiday home
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk