DescriptionCove Cottage is a superb holiday home located in a very attractive development directly opposite the entrance of the beautiful Kinnegar Strand in the popular holiday village of Rathmullan in County Donegal. Everything is within walking distance of the cottage – the fabulous beach, the hotels, restaurants, shops and pubs.
The majestic Kinnegar Strand is literally on the doorstep of the cottage - a wonderful sandy beach that never gets too crowded. This beach leads to Rathmullan’s beautiful tree lined beach. Along the length of this beach you will find the excellent 4 star Rathmullan House Hotel with its award winning Weeping Elm Restaurant and renowned Cellar Bar.
The village of Rathmullan is located on the shores of Lough Swilly and is surrounded by dramatic coastal and mountain scenery.It is now one of the most popular destinations in Donegal for family holidays. In addition to the wonderful sandy beach the village has a selection of lively pubs and fine restaurants - including the award winning Bonnan Bui Restaurant. Horse riding can be enjoyed at the Golden Sands Equestrian Centre. There are also two modern charter boats based at the local marina - these are used for both sea angling and sightseeing on Lough Swilly. An excellent children\'s playground is now located at the harbour area of the village. Sailing and Windsurfing classes are available at the newly established Rathmullan Watersports School.
Donegal as a whole is renowned for its unspoilt beauty, superb blue flag beaches, rugged landscapes and its heritage including the breathtaking Gleanveagh National Park. Rathmullan itself has a central location in County Donegal and this makes it an ideal base to tour this beautiful part of Ireland. The spectacular landscapes of the Fanad, Rosguill and Inishowen Peninsulas, the unspoilt Donegal Highlands and the ancient and historic walled City of Derry are all with an hours drive of Cove Cottage
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club. This classic 18 hole links course is 20 minutes drive from the cottage. Letterkenny Golf Club is also 20 minutes and tthe superb Rosapenna Golf Club is a 30 minute drive.
* Go sea angling on Lough Swilly
* Enjoy pony trekking at the Golden Sands Equestrian Centre
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Rathmullan, Kinnegar Strand, Portsalon
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
So for a holiday experience where good food, superb beaches and wonderful scenery are all on your doorstep, look no further than this first-rate holiday home in beautiful Rathmullan