DescriptionCnoc Na Rós is a 3 bedroom holiday home located in the coastal town of Buncrana in Co Donegal. This vibrant town on the shores of Lough Swilly is the capital of the Inishowen Peninsula and has a wealth of attractiions to offer. It has all the amenities of a large town but is also surrounded by beautiful scenery. It is an ideal base to explore Inishowen and also the nearby historic walled city of Derry – Uk City of Culture 2013.
Buncrana:: A Vibrant Coastal Town
From the front door of the holiday home it a 5 minute walk to Buncrana’s main street which has a good range of modern shops and supermarkets as well as cafes and pubs. The town has plenty of entertainment for children including cinema, swimming pool, large outdoor play park, and horse riding. Fishing is a popular activity - the Crana River is one of the finest salmon fishing rivers in the NorthWest and Lough Swilly is renowned for sea angling. And of course there are a number of fine beaches along the local coastline including one at Buncrana itself.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree (9km)
* Enjoy some of the many fine sandy beaches in and around Buncrana including Porthaw, Stragill and Lisfannon
* Visit the historic walled City of Derry (17km) – UK City of Culture 2013
* Golf at the North West Golf Club at nearby Lisfannon (7km). The internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club is just 19km away.
* Enjoy bird watching at the nearby Inch Wild Fowl Reserve
* Visit the newly renovated Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wondeful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
* Take a trip around the famous Inishowen 100. This is one of Ireland\'s most scenic drives. The route includes dramatic coastal scenery plus a fine collection of ancient forts and monuments, traditional craft centres, and a dozen or so friendly villages. Scenic highlights include the Gap of Mamore, and Malin Head - Ireland\'s most northerly point
* Use the Lough Swilly ferry to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
* Take a day trip to the majestic Glenveagh National Park in the Donegal Highlands
* Go walking on the many coastal pathways, woodland, and hills on the Inishowen Peninsula
* Go fishing on the Crana River or at the Pollan / Fullerton Dam
* Visit Grianan of Aileach. This is a 5000 year old neolithic stone fort located on a hilltop at Burt, with commanding views of loughs Foyle and Swilly.