This charming cottage is located 25m from the historic 14th century Northburgh Castle, in Greencastle, a traditional Irish fishing village. So come and enjoy life lived at the locals pace and bask in the glow of a traditional turf fire with a glass of Guiness by your side. This northern part of Ireland has everything to offer the tourist from modern spas to coastal walks.
The cottage has 4 bedrooms,and can comfortably host two small families or one big one in it's 4 bedrooms. The large lounge with sea views, boasts an open fire and large LED LG television with freeview. The charming country style kitchen is fully equipped and has a dining table for 6 people.
All rooms have hard wooden floors with modern rugs, and the bathroom is fitted with a period style Victorian white suite and stand in shower.
Castle Cottage is a 3 minute walk from the village centre of Greencastle, with its shop, restaurant and pubs, and a short drive to numerous sandy beaches. The popular seaside town of Moville with its many shops, pubs, restaurants and attractions is a short drive away.
Greencastle is also well placed to tour the Inishowen Peninsula being situated on the renowned Inishowen 100 route, and to visit the beautiful Antrim coast and the Giants Causeway using the local ferry that takes you across the 10 minute ride to Magilligan Point and more beautiful beaches and scenery.
Local Activities and Attractions
* Bicycle Hire
* Shore Walks (Shore Path from Moville to Greencastle)
* Beautiful local beaches e.g. Kinnegoe Bay
* Shopping in Derry (30 min drive)
* Millennium Theatre Derry
* Summer festivals e.g. Vintage Car Rally
* Sea Angling
* Golfing (Greencastle, Redcastle, Ballyliffin)
* Hill Walking
* Scenic Tours of Inishowen and Causeway Coastline
* Greencastle Maritime Museum
* The Cairn Visitors Centre
* LeisureLand at Redcastle Hotel
* Greencastle-Magilligan Ferry
* Doagh Island Famine Village
* The Guns of Dunree Military Museum
* Malin Head, Ireland's most northerly point