Carndonagh Holiday Home Springfield is a spacious 4 bedroom detached holiday home located on the outskirts of Carndonagh - the main town in North Inishowen, Co Donegal. Carndonagh is an ideal central base to explore this ruggedly beautiful part of Ireland.
Wild Atlantic Way
The visitor can use the Wild Atlantic Way to tour Inishowens dramatic coastline. There are also numerous inland roads and mountain tracks that are ideal for the keen rambler and hillwalker. Carndonagh is also centrally located among the quaint coastal villages of North Inishowen including Malin, Culdaff, Ballyliffin and Clonmany
Accommdoation for 8 People
The holiday home has 4 double bedroom (one Ensuite) and a first floor bathroom. There is a comfortably furnished living room with tv and dvd player and an solid fuel stove. Double doors lead to a large kitchen with adjacent dining area. There is a separate utility room. There are lawns to the front and back of the holiday home.
(Note : The property will not except hen/stag parties or guests wishing to use house for after party events)
Cardonagh is a busy market town built around a central diamond. It has a good selection of cafes, pubs and shops. The town also has a strong reputation for traditional music and culture. It lies close to the shores of Trawbeaga Bay which is a designated Special Protection Area and Wildfowl Sanctuary.
The holiday home is within easy driving distance of some top class tourist amenities including the superb Ballyliffin Golf Club, the Famine Village on the Isle of Doagh and Banbas Crown at Malin Head - Irelands most northerly point. Banbas Crown is one of 3 Signature points on the Wild Atlantic Way in Donegal. Also within easy driving distance are several wonderful beaches including Five Finger Strand near Malin, Pollan Strand at Ballyliffin and Culdaff Blue Flag Beach. Around the coastline of Malin Head there are several quaint harbours and sandy coves.
Cycle Inishowen, based in Carndonagh, offer bike hire and tours in the beautiful inishowen pennisula.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads in the Carndonagh area, particularly those that hug the coastline.
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club -10 km from the holiday home.
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula –there are fine beaches at Culdaff, Ballyliffin, Clonmany and on the Isle of Doagh.
* Go pony trekking from Equestrian Centres in Malin Town and Clonmany
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff.
* Visit the Doagh Visitor Centre. This centre provides a great variety of exhibitions telling the story of the Irish Famine. It is also a place where the local customs, traditions, folklore and history of the Inishowen Peninsula are preserved in a permanent way
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
* Use the car ferry at Greencastle to explore the northern coasts of Derry and Antrim - including the Giants Causeway and Bushmills
* Take a day trip to the historic Walled City of Derry City (28km)