DescriptionBuliban Cottage is situated along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way, two kilometers from Ireland's most northerly point at Malin Head on the Inishowen Peninsula. It is a unique coastal property with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and Inishtrahull Island. A private beach is only a few minutes walk from the front door. The area has a selection of pubs – Crossroads Inn, Most Northerly Bar – Farrens, Doherty’s, Seaview Tavern and Restaurant. It is close to the area where Star Wars was filmed in 2016.
Stunning Coastal Setting
Buliban Cottage is a one bedroom holiday home that has recently been renovated. It has a well equipped kitchen with an adjacent dining area. A solid fuel stove provides a warm focal point for the cosy living area. The bright and spacious double bedroom is ensuite with a wet room.
Wild Atlantic Way
The cottage overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and Inishtrahull Island with its iconic Lighthouse. It is located between the quaint beach and harbour at Pormore and Banbas Crown at Malin Head - a Signature Point on the Wild Atlantic Way. Overlooking Portmor harbour is the Seaview Tavern which features a quaint traditional pub and a restaurant.
Nearby is Farrens Bar - the most northerly pub in Ireland. At Banbas Crown you can take in the wonderful coastal views here while enjoying a coffee from Caffe Banba - Irelands most northernly cafe. The quaint Curiosity Shop of Malin Head is just down the road from the cottage - it is well worth a browse.
The Great Outdoors
The coastline around the holiday cottage is truly dramatic with headlands , rocky outcrops, cliffs and sandy coves - ideal territory for a large variety of sea birds. It is prehabs unsurprising that this rugged coastal landscape was chosen as a location for a Star Wars film. Dolphins and Basking Sharks are regular visitors to the waters around Malin Head. Fishing, kayaking, rock climbing, diving, swimming, walking and bird watching are popular local activities. North Inishowen is also one of the best places in Ireland to see the Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula – In addition to the local beaches there is a fine beach at Five Finger Strand near Malin Town and a superb blue flag beach at Culdaff.
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads in the Malin Head area, particularily those that hug the coastline.
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club - 24 km from the holiday home.
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff.
* Visit the Doagh Visitor Centre. This centre provides a great variety of exhibitions telling the story of the Irish Famine. It is also a place where the local customs, traditions, folklore and history of the Inishowen Peninsula are preserved in a permanent way
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium