DescriptionFully Pricing, availability and owners contact details at: (copy and paste)
Brookeside Cottage is a one bedroom holiday home located in a tranquil rural setting just 2km from the centre of Carndonagh – the main town in North Inishowen. The exterior of this building reflects its traditional origins - a classic Donegal farm cottage with newly thatched roof, small windows and white painted walls. However inside is a very warm and cosy cottage with modern comforts. As the name suggests, a small brook flows along the side of the cottage.
A Newly Thatched Cottage
This quaint holiday cottage has a bedroom with king sized bed and plenty of wardrobe space. There is a shower room with a large shower featuring both an electric shower and a power shower. The main room has sitting, dining and kitchen areas. A focal point is an oil fired Stanley Range. Outside there is a shed with storage space, a washing machine and an extra toilet. There is ample parking around the cottage.
Although situated in the countryside the cottage is just 2km from the Diamond in the heart of Carndonagh. The lively market town of Carndonagh is the main town in north Inishowen and is well served with shops, pubs and cafes. There are frequent music sessions in the local pubs.
The cottage is also within easy driving distance of the main coastal villages and beach resorts in north Inishowen – Malin (8km), Ballyliffin (11km), Culdaff (12km) and Clonmany (13km). There are fine beaches at Ballyliffin (Polland Stand), Clonmany (Tullagh Strand) and a superb Blue Flag Beach at Culdaff. The spectacular Five Finger Strand lies a few kilometres north of Malin Town.
Ballyliffin Golf Club
The internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club is just 10km from the cottage. This club features 2 Championship 18 hole links courses – The Old Course and the Glashedy Course. Also close by is the wonderful Famine Vilage on the Isle of Doagh (13km). This visitor centre takes you on an informative and at times humourous journey through Irish history & culture
Wild Atlantic Way
Fully Pricing, availability and owners contact details at: (copy and paste)
The holiday cottage lies close to the route of the Wild Atlantic Way which hugs the coastline of the Inishowen Peninsula. The visitor can use this route to explore this ruggedly beautiful Peninsula. Banbas Crown at Malin Head is Irelands most northerly point and is one of 3 Signature points on the Wild Atlantic Way in Donegal.
Local Attractions and Amenities
* Enjoy walking on the many quiet country roads around the cottage
* Go pony trekking from Equestrian Centres in Malin Town and Clonmany
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go sea angling from Culdaff - the Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built and fully licenced charter boats from Bunagee Pier, Culdaff.
* Visit the Doagh Visitor Centre. This centre provides a great variety of exhibitions telling the story of the Irish Famine. It is also a place where the local customs, traditions, folklore and history of the Inishowen Peninsula are preserved in a permanent way
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
* Use the car ferry at Greencastle to explore the northern coasts of Derry and Antrim - including the Giants Causeway and Bushmills
* Take a day trip to the historic Walled City of Derry City (26km)
FeaturesFully Pricing, availability and owners contact details at: (copy and paste)
Viewing DetailsFully Pricing, availability and owners contact details at: (copy and paste)