DescriptionAvailable during June, July and August, Beinn Aoibhinn is a comfortable holiday home located in an attractive development 5 minutes drive from Letterkenny town centre. Accommodation in the holiday home comprises of living room, kitchen with dining area, 5 bedrooms and main bathroom. Pets welcome.
Letterkenny : A Vibrant Modern Town
Described as one of Ireland's fastest growing towns Letterkenny is packed with facilities for all age groups. The town itself is the main shopping town in Donegal with a lively night life and has a wide range of pubs restaurants and shops to choose from. It also has a fine theatre - An Grianan and a modern cinema complex. The Regional Culture Centre is a fabulous multidisciplinary arts facility that presents a programme of exhibitions, concerts and film. Other attractions in the immediate Letterkenny area include an 18 hole Golf course, horse riding, pitch and putt, indoor activity centres for children and a superb leisure centre with swimming pool
Ideal touring Base for Co Donegal
Donegal as a whole is renowned for its unspoilt beauty, superb blue flag beaches, rugged landscapes and majestic highlands - where the breathtaking Gleanveagh National Park is located. Letterkenny itself has a central location in County Donegal and this makes it an ideal base to tour this beautiful part of Ireland.
For the golfer the holiday home is ideally situated for playing the great links courses of Donegal including the Donegal Golf Club at Murvagh, Ballyliffin in Inishowen , Portsalon on the Fanad peninsula and the famous Rosapenna links on the Rosguil peninsula. The parkland Letterkenny Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the holiday home.
The holiday home is also an attractive accommodation option for those attending weddings in Letterkenny - hotels such as the Mount Errigal, the Clanree Hotel, and the Silver Tassie are all within easy driving distance.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Arena 7 is a great place for the whole family to enjoy a day of fun and games. There is ten pin bowling, a video arcade, pool and snooker tables and a children's activity centre. There is also a coffee dock, fast food takeaway and a bar serving bar food.
* Tropical Word at Alcorns features beautiful butterflies in full flight, lemurs, owls, meerkats, parrots and many more tropical birds and reptiles. It is an animal lovers paradise.
* Aura Leisure Centre. This excellently equipped leisure centre includes a gym, a health suite, 25 metre pool and learner pool, kiddie's fun pool and 2 twister adventure water slides
* The Letterkenny Activity Centre features Karting, Airsoft and Archery
* Letterkenny Town Parks. Letterkenny has 2 town parks. Each has a beautiful area for children with swings, slides and open area's for games. For the adults there are lovely peaceful walks & beautifully laid out gardens.
* Glenveigh National Park: About twenty five minutes drive away from the holiday home this magnificent national park is home to herds of red deer and golden eagles
* Ards Forest Park: One of the most beautiful and most varied of Ireland's forest parks. Bays, rivers, loughs, beaches, valleys, viewing points, deer enclosures and historic monuments are woven together by a series of fascinating nature trails
* Newmills Corn and Flax Mills: Situated on the Glenties Road out of Letterkenny the mills contain the largest working waterwheels in Ireland.