DescriptionBeachside Cottage is a 3 bedroom holiday home located in the heart of the beach resort of Downings in North Donegal. All the amenities of the village are literally on the doorstep – including the pubs, hotels and the fabulous Blue Flag Beach.
The holiday home has accommodation for up to 8 people in 3 bedrooms. There is a well-equipped kitchen with dining area. The bright living room is comfortably furnished. There is a fully enclosed back garden and patio area providing a safe play area for young children. To the front of the property, there is a small garden with a garden bench.
A Choice of Great Beaches
Downings is located on the ruggedly beautiful Rosguill Peninsula and lies along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way – Irelands long distance driving route. The local beach is a mecca for watersports enthusiasts - wind and kite surfers, kayakers, and paddle boarders. The nearby Tramore Strand is equally popular as a watersports venue and is perfect for long bracing walks. The Rosguill peninsula around Downings is dotted with secluded beaches and sandy coves that never get too crowded.
The Rosapenna Golf Resort
Not only is Downings a top resort for beach and watersports holidays it is also a mecca for golfers. Just 1.5km from the front door is the internationally renowned Rosapenna Golf Resort featuring 2 championship links courses – The Old Tom Morris Course and the Sandy Hills Course. Also in the region around Downings is the wonderful Portsalon Golf Club (22km) and the scenic Dunfanaghy Golf Club (24km)
Local Activities and Attractions
* Try out the Magherabeg Leisure Centre in Downings which features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym.
* Take a trip around the spectacular Atlantic Drive and Lough Salt Drive
* Go pony trekking in nearby Carrigart
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Kids can play at the pitch and putt at Rosapenna
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Downings, Tramore, Tra na Rossan
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - The Mevagh Dive Centre is located in Carrigart
* Find peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk
* Take a day trip to the majestic Glenveagh National Park in the Donegal Highlands
* Use the Harry Blaney Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula