- Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - Port Arthur beach in Derrybeg and Magheraroarty Beach are both Green Coast Award Beaches
- Golf on nearby Gweedore Golf Club – a challenging 9 hole course. Other courses in the region include Cloughaneely and Dunfanaghy
- Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations.
- Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. Slí an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - covers much of the area around the holiday home
- Fish for salmon on the Clady river
- Take a day trip to Tory Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from nearby Magheraroarty several times a day - weather permitting
- Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
- Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own