Atlantic View is a modern 4 bedroom holiday home with a wonderful coastal setting on the Rosguill Peninsula in north Donegal. Located on an elevated site the holiday enjoys superb views over Glenoory Bay towards the Atlantic Ocean.
It is situated just outside the popular holiday resort of Downings and - as the name implies - it lies along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way, Irelands long distance driving route. There are a number of secluded beaches and coves in the immediate vicinty of the holiday home including the renowned Tra na Rossan Strand
4 comfortable bedrooms
The holiday home has 4 comfortable bedrooms, 2 of which are ensuite. There is a large bathroom with bath and separate shower. The living room enjoys lovely ocean views and features a solid fuel stove and large screen tv.
The modern kitchen has a breakfast bar and is fully equipped for a self catering holiday. There is a garden in front of the holiday home which overlooks the sea.
A Tranquil Base on the Rosguill Peninsula
Form Atlantic View’s idyllic and tranquil setting it is less than a 4km journey into the centre of the popular family seaside resort of Downings.
This vibrant seaside resort on the shores of Sheephaven Bay has a number of fine hotels, coffee shops, friendly traditional pubs, craft shops and art galleries.
Top Class Tourist Attractions
Downings boasts a number of top class tourist attractions including a fabulous beach and the wonderful Rosapenna Golf Resort featuring 2 championship links courses. Downings beach is popular for walking, swimming, wind surfing and kite flying.
Tramore Strand is located between Downings and nearby Carrigart. This fabulous and totally unspoilt beach faces out onto Sheephaven Bay and is an ideal venue for a bracing walk. There is also an indoor leisure facility in Downings.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful beaches on your doorstep – Tra na Rossan, Melmore, Downings and Tramore.
* Go sea angling or sightseeing on Sheephaven Bay - licensed charter boats are available at Downings. Fishing includes Bluefin Tuna, Shark and Tope.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy the indoor facilities at the Magherabeg Leisure Centre
* Take a trip around the spectacular coastal drives in the region - the Atlantic Drive, Horn Head, Lough Salt Drive and the Fanad Drive
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay - the Meevagh Dive Centre is based in nearby Carrigart
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs.
* Enjoy the atmosphere in some of the pubs in the locality - the renowned Singing Pub is the local. The Harbour Bar in Downings, and the Olde Glen Bar in Glen Village are well woth a visit.
* Use the Mulroy Bridge to explore the scenic Fanad Peninsula
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.