Ard an Dun is located on the outskirts of Buncrana - Inishowen's largest town. It has been recently refurbished with brand new furniture and high quality mattresses and beds and provides comfortable self catering accommodation. The town centre, shops, beach, golf course and leisure centre are within a 5 min drive. This is the perfect base for your holiday on the inishowen peninsula.
Buncrana itself is the largest town in the picturesque Inishowen Peninsula. Situated on the shores of Lough Swilly, the town is surrounded by outstanding natural scenery. It has a full range of tourist amenities, as well as fine restaurants and lively bars. The town boasts a leisure centre and swimming pool, golf course, pitch and putt, playpark, clean safe sandy beaches and many activities for children
Based at Ard and Dun you will not find it hard to find something to do - climb the local hills and mountains; take a trip around the Inishowen 100, enjoy live music in the local pubs, golf at Lisfannon or Ballyliffin, fish on the Crana River or visit the wonderful Dunree Military Fort and Museum and Doagh Island Famine Village.
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree (9km)
* Enjoy some of the many fine sandy beaches in and around Buncrana including Porthaw, Stragill and Lisfannon
* Visit the historic walled City of Derry (17km) â€“ UK City of Culture 2013
* Golf at the North West Golf Club at nearby Lisfannon (7km). The internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club is just 19km away.
* Visit the newly renovated Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wondeful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
* Take a tri ...