DescriptionNo 4 Ballymastoker Heights is a modern holiday home located in a small cul de sac development on the outskirts of Portsalon village in North Donegal. The holiday home is just 1km from the fabulous Blue Flag beach on the shores of Ballymastoker Bay. The quaint harbour in Portsalon and the wonderful Portsalon Golf Cub are just 1km from the front door.
Wild Atlantic Way
The holiday home also lies along the route of the Wild Atlantic Way and is a 10 minute drive from one of the Signature Points on this scenic driving route - the dramatic Fanad Head Lighthouse. The Lighthouse is now open to the public during the holiday season.
A Relaxing Getaway
This 4 bedroom holiday home has a bright open plan area on the ground floor featuring a modern kitchen, spacious dining area and a conservatory style living area. There is a separate living room to the front of the house with an open fireplace. The holiday home has comfortable accommodation for up to 10 people in 4 roomy bedrooms. There is a small lawn to the front of the house and a larger lawn to the back.
Ideal Base for Beach Holiday
No 4 Ballymastoker Heights is an ideal base for a beach holiday. The renowned beach at Portsalon stretches all the way from the village harbour to the point where Knockalla Mountain meets Lough Swilly. This wonderful beach is popular for swimming, walking, kite flying, windsurfing and boating. There is a watersports shop at the harbour which provides wet suits, pedal boats, kayaks etc.
Top Class Golf
No 4 Ballymastoker Heights is also a good base for the keen golfer. Portsalon Golf Club is a superb 18 hole links course which stretches along much of the length of Portsalon Beach. This wonderfully natural golf links was a founder member of the Golfing Union of Ireland (GUI) and is now ranked 22 in the top 100 courses in the country (Golf Digest). With the bridge over Mulroy Bay the fabulous golf resort of Rosapenna is now just over 20km from the holiday home. Rosapenna features two championship golf courses – the Old Tom Morris Course and the Sandy Hills Course.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality – as well as Portsalon there are fine beaches at Sessiagh, Ballyhiernan, Ballywhoriskey and Rathmullan
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course.
* Enjoy the sports and games facilities available in Area 50 at the Rockhill Caravan and Activity Park in Kerrykeel
* Go fly fishing at the Meadows fishery in nearby Rosnakill
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road.
* Try surfing at the Adventure One Surf School in Ballyheirnan Bay
* Go deep sea fishing or sight-seeing on Lough Swilly - there are charter boats at Portsalon and Rathmullan
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk