DescriptionLooking for a place to stay while you explore all the great outdoors that the North West has to offer? Or you want a tranquil place to retreat with great views? - then this is the staycation for you. Located right on the water's edge, this 3 bed ( Double ), 3 storey townhouse has panoramic views with 2 balconies! (NOTE- One of the bedrooms is a mezzanine bedroom overlooking the living area.) A truly unique and modern home within the gated Fort Complex - with great pubs and restaurants in walking distance ... You may even be lucky enough to spot dolphins and seals from your balcony!
Well Equipped with Wifi Included
This home is very well equipped for what you would need on your stay - bed linen, towels, full kitchen. The ideal stay for couples or small groups of friends and family. Cot and stair gates can be provided for small children. Wi-Fi provided is suitable for entertainment and streaming but is not suitable for working remotely for business. Connected by a coastal walk, you are just a 5 min walk from the fishing village of Greencastle.
To Do and See Around Greencastle Inishowen
There are 2 pubs, a shop and cafe, a chippie, a hotel, restaurant and football green. Located along the Wild Atlantic Way (and just a 10min ferry ride from the Causeway Coastal Route), you are well-positioned to explore Inishowen's beaches,
- including Stroove beach and lighthouse (5 min drive)
- Kinnagoe Bay (10 min drive)
- Culdaff, Five Finger Strand
- Buncrana, Inch, Ballyliffin and Malin Head. Derry - 30 mins
- Magilligan - 10 mins (via Foyle Ferry)
- Giants Causeway - 40mins from Magilligan (via Foyle Ferry)
- Greencastle Foyle Golf Club
- next door Ballyliffin Golf Club
- 30mins Royal Portrush Golf Club
- 30mins from Magilligan (via Foyle Ferry) Portstewart Golf Club
- 30mins from Magilligan (via Foyle Ferry) The Lough Foyle Ferry operates on a seasonal basis (check their Facebook page or online for updates)
- Local activities include Coastal walks, hiking, cycling, beaches, surfing, kayaking, water park, ferry, golfing, fishing, Wild Ireland - and much more.
Getting Around Inishowen
A car is recommended to explore Inishowen, but there are local taxis. Guests are also welcome to use the adult and child bicycle FOC, at the users own risk.
Directions to 17 The Fort
Location Eirode F93P K76
The house is located in the fishing village of Greencastle. If arriving Via Derry, follow the Signs for Moville along the costal road straight for 30 mins. 3km after Moville, drive though the centre of Greencastle village. Turn right at BIM fisheries collage, and the entrance to the Fort complex is 400 meters on the right. It is a gated community. The home is number 17, located in the centre of the second row of townhouses.