The property is comprised within Folios TY33388 and TY27577F, standing on approximately 66.59 acres
The land in sale comprises a wide range of institutional, residential and other buildings including Corville House, woodland, farmland and a historic walled garden.
Specifically excluded from sale are St. Anne's Special School, the Abbey ruin with attached graveyard and two cemeteries. Rights of way will be provided to ensure access to these sites.
Solicitors: Holmes O'Malley Sexton, Bishopsgate, Henry St, Limerick
Approximately 66.59 acres
Large range of institutional buildings, the majority of which are occupied on an informal basis generating regular rental income
Approximately 95,000 sq ft gross external floor area
Potential for educational, healthcare and other uses, subject to planning permission
Freehold title within Folios TY33388 and TY27577F
The principal house on the Estate, known as Corville House, was built about 1770 and owned by the Birch family who were wealthy landowners in the area.
In the first part of the 19th Century the estate was leased by the Prittie family, and then in about 1878 it was bought by Count John O'Byrne. His son Patrick O'Byrne, a prominent member of North Tipperary County Council and local business man, inherited the property. In 1930, Count Patrick O'Byrne sold the property to the Sisters of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the current owners.
Historians tell us that, in the 6th Century, St. Cronan chose this site for his monastery which he named â€œSean Ross" which gave rise to the growth of Roscrea town. As a result ...