DescriptionBrian Gleeson Property are excited to present to the historic East Cork town of Youghal this charming 3 bed terraced property in Church Street.
Located in one of the oldest parts of Youghal known as “The Raleigh Quarter”, this home dates back to the 1600’s and is a hidden gem surrounded by an abundance of history, character and charisma.
The property is made up of three floors; the ground floor consists of a foyer, kitchen/dining and bathroom, the first floor hosts the master bedroom, living room and second bathroom while the remaining 2 bedrooms are on the second floor.
This home offers the discerning buyer the opportunity to live in a truly unique and special part of the historical town of Youghal. The oldest church in continuous use in Ireland “St. Mary’s Collegiate Church” is perched at the top of the quiet street and the serene St. Mary’s College Gardens are adjacent to the property overlooking the town.
Everything that one needs is within walking distance such as local supermarkets, restaurants, doctors surgery, pharmacy, the harbour and the Nook pub (famous for a sing-song).
Enjoy the pictorial essay.
• The property is mentioned in a mortgage document of 1636.
• Although located in a heritage area, the property is not listed.
• Overall area: 151 sq ms / 1601 sq ft, Area of site: 0.047 of an acre.
• Walking distance to Supervalu, Aldi, Lidl and Tesco.
• Convenience shop at the end of the street open early to late.
• Ahernes Seafood restaurant a two minute walk.
• Doctor’s surgery around the corner.
• Pharmacy at the end of the street.
• Enterprise/business centre with meeting rooms/facilities located in the old College.
• In a level part of town ideal for cycling.
• A few minute’s walk to the harbour for boating/sailing/canoeing
• Famous singing pub “ The Nook” at the end of the street.
• Two minute’s walk to the College Gardens Town Park.
• Shown in map of 1600
• Governess’s house of neighbouring big house
• 1986 – interior gutted and rebuilt as new – Georgian layout changed to modern.
• 1990 – New roof and all fittings
• Located in the “Raleigh Quarter”
• St. Mary’s Collegiate Church – oldest church in continuous use in Ireland
• St. Marys College and Gardens
• Sir Walter Raleigh’s House – Myrtlegrove
BER DetailsBER: D2 BER No.108107376 Energy Performance Indicator:262.46 kWh/m²/yr