DescriptionA very attractive detached red brick fronted 4 bedroom family home wonderfully situated in this quiet exclusive residential cul de sac just off Upper Glenageary Road convenient to a host of amenities in the local area.
Having been tastefully extended and upgraded by its current owners, this fine sunny home is full of charm and warmth, offering a blend of formal living areas and contemporary open plan living, ideal for a growing family. This appealing home offers bright excellently proportioned and well-presented accommodation extending to approximately 170sq.m (1,830sq.ft) to include a wide inviting entrance hall with guest W.C. and under stairs storage cupboard, light infused living room to the front spanning the width of the property and a beautifully presented large open plan kitchen/dining/family room with floor to ceiling windows and double doors leading to the sunny south/west garden, large utility room, four bedrooms with the master being en suite and a bathroom. Ample off street parking is available to the front with a lawned garden bordered by mature flowers and shrubs together with block built walls.The side passage connects to a delightful south west facing rear garden of approximately 12m (39ft.) benefiting from early morning to evening sun affording maximum privacy and shelter. The lawn is landscaped with an abundant of mature flower and shrubbery beds together with extensive patio areas, ideal for al fresco dining. The mature garden provides a colourful and constantly changing vista through the floor to ceiling windows from the open plan living/dining area.
This is a highly regarded and central location with a wide variety of amenities close by to include shops, shopping centres, pubs, and very fine restaurants in the picturesque Glasthule and Sandycove villages, Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey Town centres. There are a wide selection of schools nearby including Sharavogue Junior School, Montessori and Crèche, Rathdown, Cluny, Glenageary/Killiney National School and Dalkey School Project only a stones? throw away, to mention a few. The DART station at Glenageary is only a 6 minute walkaway through a private pedestrian route linking to Marlborough Road. There are several bus routes nearby including the No. 7, 7A and No. 59 allowing ease of access to the city centre and surrounding areas with convenient access to M50.
There is a good selection of recreational activities within easy reach to include golf, rugby, tennis, hockey and football clubs together with Dun Laoghaire yacht clubs and marina which will appeal to the sailing enthusiasts. Within easy reach of scenic walks along the seafront at Sandycove and Dun Laoghaire and over Dalkey and Killiney hills which also has a children?s playground. Short distance to Sandycove and Killiney beaches and the renowned Forty Foot bathing area.
- Entrance Hall (4.41m x 1.70m )with tiled ceramic floor, ceiling coving, radiator cover, recessed lighting, alarm panel, dado rail and understairs storage.
- Cloakroom with W.C., wash hand basin, tiled ceramic floor and fully tiled walls.
- Living Room (6.65m x 5.85m )with solid fuel burning stove with polished granite inset polished granite hearth and marble surround, ceiling coving and dado rail.
- Kitchen (3.42m x 2.80m )with a range of fitted cupboards and units, work surfaces, sink unit with tiled splashbacks, integrated five ring gas hob with extractor fan over, recessed lighting, integrated Electrolux double electric oven, integrated microwave, integrated Beko dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer, tiled ceramic floor and recessed lighting.
- Dining/Family Room (5.80m x 5.55m )with floor to ceiling height windows and double doors to the rear garden, recessed lighting, a solid fuel burning stove with polished granite mantel with framed inbuilt TV recess, polished granite surround and polished granite hearth, double leaded glass panelled arched doors leading to the
- Playroom (4.80m x 2.60m )with a door and step down to the
- Utility Room (3.20m x 2.65m )with a range of fitted cupboards and units, tiled ceramic floor, work surface, sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and plumbed for dryer.
- First Floor
- Spacious Landing with ceiling coving, dado rail, an excellent range of built-in storage cupboards and presses, access to the attic and shelved hot press with dual immersion.
- Master Bedroom (4.05m x 3.15m )with ornate ceiling coving, centre rose and a view of Dublin Bay.
- En Suite Shower Room with step in Triton T90XR electric shower, WC, wash hand basin, fully tiled walls and tiled ceramic floor.
- Bedroom 2 (4.00m x 3.10m )with fitted mirrored sliderobe wardrobes, ornate ceiling coving and centre rose.
- Bedroom 3 (3.10m x 2.60m )with fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4 (3.10m x 2.65m )with fitted wardrobes with view of Dublin bay and Howth lighthouse.
- Family Bathroom with bath with shower attachment, WC, wash hand basin with cupboard under, part tiled walls, fitted wall mirror and tiled ceramic floor.
FeaturesHighly regarded quiet mature family orientated location.
Within a short walking distance of Glenageary DART Station.
Floor area of approximately 170sq.m (1,636sq.ft).
Bright flooring throughout with fitted carpets on stairs and landing, curtains and integrated kitchen appliances included in the sale.
Gas fired central heating (boiler replaced within the last 5 years).
Off street car parking to the front of the property
South west facing rear garden of approximately 12m (39ft) in length.
Pedestrian passage connecting the front to the rear.